Foren

Need few clarifications on contact lists,member search,.....

Ramesh Kumar, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

Need few clarifications on contact lists,member search,.....

New Member Beiträge: 11 Beitrittsdatum: 10.03.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hi,

I have listed few doubts.

1). I want to integrate the contact lists of the user from the Exchange server.

I don't know whether it is available with the existing SO release or not. But from the liferay issues page (http://issues.liferay.com/secure/attachment/15729/MockUp_HomePageImage.jpg) I saw a screenshot which shows the Contacts as part of the home page. I couldn't find any option with SO. I have attached the image also by marking the area with a pink oval ring.

2). In Members page there is no search option where as forums, blogs, wiki & documents have. Is there anyway to bring it as it is an important feature when the community have more members?

3). How can I include the custom attributes to display when I view the member details?

4). As Liferay SO satisfies most of our requirements, when can we expect the stable version or how stable the beta release is?

5). Do we need any license if we want to implement SO to our client with required customization?If so what will be the licence cost?

If you clarify the above doubts, it will be grateful for me to proceed further.

Thanks in advance.

Ramesh
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

RE: Need few clarifications on contact lists,member search,.....

Expert Beiträge: 373 Beitrittsdatum: 27.08.04 Neueste Beiträge

1). I want to integrate the contact lists of the user from the Exchange server.
I don't know whether it is available with the existing SO release or not. But from the liferay issues page (http://issues.liferay.com/secure/attachment/15729/MockUp_HomePageImage.jpg) I saw a screenshot which shows the Contacts as part of the home page. I couldn't find any option with SO. I have attached the image also by marking the area with a pink oval ring.

This is a feature upcoming in the second beta release, due out end of March.

2). In Members page there is no search option where as forums, blogs, wiki & documents have. Is there anyway to bring it as it is an important feature when the community have more members?

We're also integrating site-wide search in the next release, including member profile search.

3). How can I include the custom attributes to display when I view the member details?

Right now this is a fixed setting; we'll consider how to make this configurable in the future.

4). As Liferay SO satisfies most of our requirements, when can we expect the stable version or how stable the beta release is?

We would recommend waiting. The next release is slated for end of March. We are going to organize a beta program as well.

5). Do we need any license if we want to implement SO to our client with required customization?If so what will be the licence cost?

We are working on pricing for a commercial license. The product is AGPL, which would require code changes to be returned to the community, unless a commercial license is purchased.
Ramesh Kumar, geändert vor 15 Jahren.

Thanks Bryan for your clarifications.
Ramesh Kumar, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

"The next release is slated for end of March"

Bryan,

You mentioned the next release of SO will be in the end of March. But not yet released. Is there any other date for that?
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

Expert Beiträge: 373 Beitrittsdatum: 27.08.04 Neueste Beiträge
You mentioned the next release of SO will be in the end of March. But not yet released. Is there any other date for that?

Hi Ramesh,

Let me check in with my engineering team. We ran into some delays due to wanting to include the tasks and contacts management capabilities.