Foren

[PortalPack] NetBeans Portal Pack 3.0.2 Liferay Server Mem configuration

thumbnail
Diego Pietralunga, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

[PortalPack] NetBeans Portal Pack 3.0.2 Liferay Server Mem configuration

New Member Beiträge: 17 Beitrittsdatum: 04.08.09 Neueste Beiträge
Hello.
I'm trying out Portal Pack 3.0.2 on windows with NetBeans 6.7.1.

I'm stuck with a problem using Liferay5.1.x/5.2.x on TOMCAT 6.0.20 (using Liferay 5.2.x branch from SVN).
Once deployed Liferay (with some plugins already installed ) in running out of memory,
"java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" by Spring.

The problem seems to be the setting of VM parameters to increase memory (-Xmx? ) with cannot be configured by "Services"->"Servers"->"Liferay Portal Server 5.1.x/5.2.x".
There is NO GUI option for that.
Can somebody here help, perhaps pointing out a config file for the module for enlarging memory for Tomcat 6.x with Liferay on NetBeans please?

I'd really like to use it to explorer Liferay development (since I'm evaluating it for my company)

Thanks a lot.
thumbnail
Diego Pietralunga, geändert vor 14 Jahren.

RE:[SOLVED] [PortalPack] NetBeans Portal Pack 3.0.2 Liferay Server Mem

New Member Beiträge: 17 Beitrittsdatum: 04.08.09 Neueste Beiträge
Nobody? :-(

Maybe it's a timezone issue with expert repliers ( still sleeping :-)

Ok, found out by myself. Fortunately.
Pretty easy... ONCE you know what to search,look and do ;-)

So, I took a look at Portal Pack code and turns out that there is no more a specific config file but they now parse the external launcher script (Note: I'm talking about Liferay on Tomcat), searching for the environment setting, specifically JAVA_OPTS in catalina.bat (or .sh)
So, rephrasing for better semantics:

Q:How do you set (pass) VM parameters to NetBeans server module Liferay Portal Server using Tomcat in Portal Pack?
A: JUST set those parameters in your startup script (eg: catalina.bat on windows) with JAVA_OPTS at the beginning of file, for example:

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms128m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=284m

(using java 6)

That's it...

Bye,

D.

P.S.= I DID try that kind of way BEFORE looking at the source, but I put params _directly_ into Tomcat startup script code, bypassing the JAVA_OPTS params... So no luck :-(