« Zurück zu Liferay IDE
Build Liferay IDE From Source
Liferay IDE Develop from source #
Get a copy of IDE source code #
- 1. Download Eclipse Helios SR2 release
- 2. Install Eclipse SDK
- 3. Go to Help > Install updates
- 4. Select Eclipse Project updates in the list of sites
- 5. Select to install both Eclipse SDK and Eclipse Releng
- 6. Install Subversion plugin for Eclipse (Subversive recommended)
- 7. (Optional) use Eclipse marketplace client to install Subversive
- 8. Downloaded the attached file project set file: liferay-ide-trunk.psf
- 9. Go to File > Import > Team > project set, and chose the downloaded psf file.
- 10. You may be prompted for username and password, just enter guest/ (leave password empty)
- 11. When the import completes you should see the projects have been checked out from SVN and loaded in your workspace.
- 12. The server.core will have a few errors. They can be resolved by adding a reference to portal-impl.jar and portal-service.jar from a local tomcat installation to resolve those references. They were not committed to this project to avoid uploading 15 mb worth of files.
Testing Liferay IDE from source #
- 1. To launch the IDE for testing, go to Run > Run configurations
- 2. Right-click Eclipse application and choose New
- 3. Edit the details of configuration as you see fit
- 4. Then click "Run"
This will launch a new eclipse workbench that will contain the existing workbench plugins plus all of the plugins that you just imported.
Tips for working with Eclipse SDK #
- 1. Increase JVM memory to 512m or 784m in eclipse.ini