The tab portlet would be a portlet aggregator portlet which users could use to assign portlets to each tab. A possible workflow scenario would be:
- user adds tab portlet to portal geometry.
- user positions tab portlet
- user enters tab portlet configuration and assigns # of tabs and tab names
- user saves configuration
Scenario can take two paths here (one or the other)
- user selects a tab
- user adds a portlet to the page geometry
- user drags portlet onto tab
- user enters tab portlet configuration
- user assigns a portlet instance to each tab
To provide a generic way to add small or large tabs to a portal page geometry
Initial Project Scope#
<outline the initial project scope>
Discussion of Design/Implementation Approach#
I would consider implementing this with divs which can be hidden an otherwise manipulated to create a very easy / quick tab environment.