Notes no longer available in Mail.app with Mountain Lion
Company Blogs 15. August 2012 Von Neil Griffin Staff
If you have used the "New Note" feature in Mail.app, then you may have noticed that the feature is gone in Mountain Lion. Although I was generally happy with the new Mountain Lion features, this completely disrupted my daily workflow process.
I used the Notes feature to create pseudo "Tasks" as part of a GTD type of workflow. This allowed me to keep tasks and email messages in different folders. Even though the feature is now gone, I found that I am still able to do the same type of thing with draft email messages. For example:
- Create a new email message
- Leave the recipient list blank
- Give it a subject like "Task: Do this and that"
- Type in some instructions in the email body
- Save the email message as a Draft
- Move the message from the Draft folder to some other folder, like "Today"
The only problem was that I wasn't able to edit the messages after I moved them out of drafts. As a workaround, it can still be edited by moving it temporarily back to drafts.