Foros de discusión

Liferay installation

thumbnail
M Sathish Kumar, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay installation

New Member Mensajes: 14 Fecha de incorporación: 19/09/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I tried installing liferay from community edition, when i start eclipse which present inside liferay developer bundle it is showing "My First Launch Wizard encountered Problem"
it would be very helpful if anyone can give solution for resolving this issue

Thanks
thumbnail
Kamesh Sampath, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: Liferay installation

Regular Member Mensajes: 158 Fecha de incorporación: 27/05/10 Mensajes recientes
please post the details for us to further analyze and suggest you the solution

~Kamesh
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
If you are using Liferay Developer Studio and then during the First Launch wizard, and you select to configure an alternative location for liferay Portal, it must be a EE edition of the portal, not community edition.
thumbnail

Hi

Thanks for your quick reply

You mean to say i am using community version not a enterprise version

so shall i skip the error ? if i continue to work will there be any problem in future development ?.

actually i am installing and running in my laptop which is windows 7

Thanks in advance
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
I think Gregory is asking if you are using trial or purchased copy of Liferay Developer Studio, which is a commercial version of Liferay IDE.

Liferay Developer Studio only works with Liferay EE.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Hitoshi is right. Liferay Developer Studio only works with Liferay Portal Enterprise Edition. If you have a correctly configured EE instance and it has a valid license, Developer Studio will let you configure additional Liferay Portal CE servers, but only if a valid EE server is installed and configured.
thumbnail

Hi

As you told i have community version cd which is of 1 month valid have installed in my laptop . so how can i make use of developer studio.so that i can practice .

Also what is the cost of EE version for minimum Period .

Thanks
thumbnail

I'm not for sure the cost of EE or the time periods. However, you can get a trial of EE portal along with Studio. You would need to contact the EE sales department to obtain a trial of EE. http://www.liferay.com/c/portal/register_trial_license?redirect=/products/liferay-portal/ee/30-day-trial
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
As you told i have community version cd which is of 1 month valid have installed in my laptop

You mean you have an trial enterprise version of Liferay cd. Community version do not expire, only enterprise trial version have 30 days limitation.
thumbnail

Hi
Thanks for your Patience

Shall i continue to use developer 30 trial version even though it throws the error "First Launch Wizard encountered problem"?
thumbnail

Can you go to the eclipse error log (window > show view > error log) and locate the error that is logged when the "first launch wizard encountered problem" occurs? Copy the details of the error and post it here? Thanks.
thumbnail

Hi

Following stack trace i got from error console
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/liferay/studio/eclipse/wizard/FirstLaunchWizard
at com.liferay.studio.eclipse.StudioPlugin$1.runInUIThread(StudioPlugin.java:129)
at org.eclipse.ui.progress.UIJob$1.run(UIJob.java:95)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:134)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4041)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3660)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:115)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1384)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.liferay.studio.eclipse.wizard.FirstLaunchWizard
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:506)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:422)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 27 more
thumbnail

Hello,

It seems you are having trouble with your Studio installation. How did you install Developer Studio, as the all-in-one bundle or as a plugin installation. Regardless it seems that your plugin has been corrupted some how. Perhaps a re-install may be required.
thumbnail

Hi,

I Just unzip the liferay developer bundle , then i started eclipse inside the bundle.

Thanks
thumbnail

What version of Developer Studio bundle are you using?
thumbnail

Liferay_Developer_Studio_1.2.0-win32
thumbnail

Could you download the latest version of Developer Studio from the customer portal (1.3.1) and see if you can replicate the error in a new installation?