Foros de discusión

Liferay IDE with non bundle tomcat

thumbnail
Kevin Gebel, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay IDE with non bundle tomcat

Junior Member Mensajes: 80 Fecha de incorporación: 27/05/10 Mensajes recientes
Hello !

I deployed the Liferay war file on a standalone Tomcat. Then I tried to deploy a ext plugin on it (right click on project -> Liferay -> SDK -> deploy). The following error is displayed :

BUILD FAILED
D:\Projets\Liferay\dev\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.0.6-20110225\ext\build-common-ext.xml:303: D:\Projets\Liferay\dev\serveur_web\apache-tomcat-6.0.33\lib\ext does not exist.

So here is my question :
How to configure plugin SDK with a non bundle Liferay release ?

Thanks,
Kevin.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: Liferay IDE with non bundle tomcat

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
There's additional steps to deploying Liferay on an existing tomcat, including the creation of the ${CATALINA_HOME}/lib/ext directory and dropping some shared jars in there. You also need to update the catalina.properties file to include the new directory handling.

All of this should already be documented in the wiki...
thumbnail

Thanks David. Have you got a link dealing with this documentation ?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Kevin Gebel:
Thanks David. Have you got a link dealing with this documentation ?

Not handy, but you should be able to find it by searching LR...
thumbnail
Dave Weitzel, modificado hace 12 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 208 Fecha de incorporación: 18/11/09 Mensajes recientes
You should also ensure you have your server configured in your IDE correctly, or if just using the SDK in there.

you need the build.<username>.properties file in the SDK root folder and also may need the portal.ide.properties file in the tomcat bundle root (beneath the tomcat-6.0.29 directory)

It would help if you could tell us what file structure you do have rather than just the one it cannot find!
thumbnail

Sorry but I can't find the wiki dealing with Liferay deployement on an existing Tomcat...
thumbnail
Kamesh Sampath, modificado hace 12 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 158 Fecha de incorporación: 27/05/10 Mensajes recientes
Check out the Admin Guide here --> Liferay Portal Admin Guide
thumbnail

Ok, thanks. I would like to keep %TOMCAT_HOME%\lib as my global librairies directory for tomcat. So in build.${whoami}.properties of plugins SDK, I override the property app.server.lib.global.dir. But when I deploy a ext plugin with it, Liferay IDE replaces it with its own value. How can I override a property in build.${whoami}.properties ?
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Hey Kevin,

You can go to Window > Preferences > Liferay > Install SDKs at the bottom of that page you will see some options and you can tell Liferay IDE to never overwrite the build.<user>.properties. Let me know if that works for you.
thumbnail

I didn't see it ! Thank you so much !
thumbnail

One more little thing : remove Liferay IDE comment from build.${whoami}.properties !