Foros de discusión

JSP Changes not Auto-Deployed

Phoenix Zerin, modificado hace 12 años.

JSP Changes not Auto-Deployed

Junior Member Mensajes: 60 Fecha de incorporación: 28/06/11 Mensajes recientes
I'm using Liferay Developer Studio 1.3.1.v201109080731, developing for Liferay Portal Enterprise Edition 6.0 EE SP1 (Bunyan / Build 6011 / January 13, 2011).

I've noticed that when I make changes to JSP files (e.g., docroot/html/edit.jsp), my portlet is not auto-deployed.

Is this an issue/limitation of LDS, or am I doing something wrong?
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: JSP Changes not Auto-Deployed (Respuesta)

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Do you have the server set to auto-publish resources on any change? (double click the server in the servers view, publishing settings on top right hand side).

Also, does the portlet project status say "synchronized" even after you make a file changes?

Lastly, do you see the file having been updated in the webapps/<context> directory?
thumbnail
Paul ., modificado hace 12 años.

RE: JSP Changes not Auto-Deployed

Liferay Master Mensajes: 522 Fecha de incorporación: 29/08/11 Mensajes recientes
Greg,
I am having a similar problem, I am using Indigo with Liferay developer Studio 1.3
Yes, the Publishing setting are set to 'Automatically publish when resource change' ,
Also, does the portlet project status say "synchronized" even after you make a file changes?

I am not sure how to check this one. emoticon
do you see the file having been updated in the webapps/<context> directory?

No
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Sometimes the deployment sychronization can get out of sync. The easiest way to repair it is just remove the project from the server and then re-add it, and that should redeploy and in the servers view next to the project it should say "synchronized". Then after that each change to a JSP, etc should get copied to the deployment area (webapps/project-context).
thumbnail
Paul ., modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 522 Fecha de incorporación: 29/08/11 Mensajes recientes
Another thing I noticed was that previously (before SP2) if you'd directly made a change in jsp (in tomcat->webapps-><custom-portlet-directory>, the change was immediately reflected on the server but not with SP2. Did anything change with tomcat?

It still does happen with Liferay's portlets, but not with custom ones.
thumbnail

So nothing has changed with tomcat with SP2. however, there is another issue with SP2 regarding plugin startup. If your plugin has a specialized filter like Vaadin I think there are some issues with plugin startup that have been. Not for sure if this is your problem. If you have a sample project that you can replicate the issue with, and feel like posting here I can try to replicate the jsp autodeploy problem.
Phoenix Zerin, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 60 Fecha de incorporación: 28/06/11 Mensajes recientes
Thanks Gregory. I did not realize that JSP changes get deployed immediately. I was expecting to see half a dozen messages in my console, but I had neglected to check to see if the changes were reflected in my browser anyway.