Foros de discusión

migrate from ext environment to ext plugin

evan cheung, modificado hace 12 años.

migrate from ext environment to ext plugin

Junior Member Mensajes: 81 Fecha de incorporación: 17/04/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi All,

I am currently running portal 5.2.3 and trying to migrate to portal 6. Because I've customized quick a few of portlets and at this point I just want to migration the ext environment to ext plugins. I've successfully migrated it over using the command: ant upgrade-ext -Dext.dir=/projects/liferay/ext -Dext.name=my-ext -Dext.display.name="My Ext", but after I restarted the server, my ext is not showing up under "add application". I checked under "update manager" section, it is there. Am I missing anything? Are there other steps I need to perform?
Please help!

thanks,
Evan
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: migrate from ext environment to ext plugin

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14916 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
EXT plugins are not, by themselves, applications which will appear under the 'add application' link; only deployed portlets will be there.

If you haven't added any portlets (only changed existing OOTB Liferay portlets), then there is nothing new there to add.

If you do have new portlets there, you might not have the right entries in portlet-ext.xml or liferay-portlet-ext.xml files.
evan cheung, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 81 Fecha de incorporación: 17/04/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. I just have portlets there and you are right, I need to modify the display portlet-ext.xml and the others. But I have another problem, I am trying to run the classes under ext-impl and getting Javac: no source files but I have all the java classes under ext-impl/src/. Can you explain to me why I am getting that error?

thanks,
Evan
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14916 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Not sure, it would really depend upon the ant build properties in the sdk directory, etc.

The output from ant should help diagnose what the source of the problem is...