Foros de discusión

HotDeploy for Vaadin Portlets

Dennis Nes, modificado hace 12 años.

HotDeploy for Vaadin Portlets

Junior Member Mensajes: 55 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I successfully managed to set up Vaadin and depoly a Vaddin portlet to LR. However for deploying I have to go to this procedure (all manually): Save my Java file, export to WAR and copy to the deploy dircectory, remove the portlet and redeploy it from the menu.

Is there a possibility to hot depoly it, so after saving the code the steps above are done automatically?

Thanks in advance!

My config:
LR IDE 1.4
LR 6.0
Vaadin 6.7
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: HotDeploy for Vaadin Portlets

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14918 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Hot deploy will work, but you have to remember that your vaadin app is actually (mostly) running in the browser via javascript and backed by entities stored in the portlet session.

After hot deploy, log out and then back into Liferay (the logout will destroy current portlet session objects) and should resolve your issues.
Fei Yan, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 22/12/11 Mensajes recientes
I am trying to develop Vaadin portlet in Liferay IDE. My question is: How to do Hot Deploy anyway? Should I use ant-deploy or the regular eclipse "Server" view.

If I do both, will that be a conflict? (deploy twice)

When I use ant-deploy, I got the following exception
Buildfile: E:\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.1.0-ce-rc1-20111219113511317\portlets\VaadinLiferay-portlet\build.xml
compile:
merge:
[copy] Copying 1 file to E:\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.1.0-ce-rc1-20111219113511317\portlets\VaadinLiferay-portlet\docroot\WEB-INF\lib
[copy] Copying 5 files to E:\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.1.0-ce-rc1-20111219113511317\portlets\VaadinLiferay-portlet\docroot\WEB-INF\lib
compile-java:
merge:
war:
build-css:
[java] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/liferay/portal/tools/SassToCssBuilder
[java] Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.liferay.portal.tools.SassToCssBuilder
[java] at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
[java] at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
[java] at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
[java] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
[java] at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
[java] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
[java] Could not find the main class: com.liferay.portal.tools.SassToCssBuilder. Program will exit.
[java] Exception in thread "main"
[java] Java Result: 1
compile:
merge:
compile-java:
merge:
build-common-plugin.war:
[delete] Deleting: E:\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.1.0-ce-rc1-20111219113511317\dist\VaadinLiferay-portlet-6.1.0.1.war
clean-portal-dependencies:
[zip] Building zip: E:\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.1.0-ce-rc1-20111219113511317\dist\VaadinLiferay-portlet-6.1.0.1.war
deploy:
[copy] Copying 1 file to E:\liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-b4\deploy
BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 13 seconds
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14918 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
We do all of our vaadin portlets in the SDK. If you do also, just invoke ant on your build script and the war file will eventually get dropped into your local deploy directory.

To hot deploy on a different system, drop the war file from the sdk/dist directory into the deploy directory on the other system and Liferay will pick it up and deploy it (unless you're in web logic land where I understand they had hot deployment issues, but those might have been resolved by now).
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Can you post a sample project where you don't see hotdeploy (and redeploy) not working correctly? And I can try to reproduce and see if there is something specifically that can be done to improve this in IDE.