Foros de discusión

EXT Plugin setup

fred herrmann, modificado hace 12 años.

EXT Plugin setup

New Member Mensajes: 11 Fecha de incorporación: 4/03/11 Mensajes recientes
I am trying to set up my environment to develop an ext plugin. Looking at the development guide (http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/development/-/ai/developing-an-ext-plugin) I see that I need to modify the build.<user>.properties file to include 3 entries as follows:

app.server.dir={...}/liferay-portal-6.0.6/tomcat-6.0.26
app.server.zip.name={...}/liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0.6.zip
ext.work.dir={...}/work

The explanation says that the app.server.zip.name should point to a zip of the tomcat/liferay bundle, but we are using Liferay's dev studio which comes as one large zip file of the development environment. Do I just need to create a zip of everything under {...}/liferay-portal-6.0.6/tomcat-6.0.26 and consider that the "bundle" to point to, or do I just need a zip of the ROOT project down under webapps as the "bundle"?

thanks for the help!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: EXT Plugin setup

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Yep, zip up the whole tomcat folder and use that as your zip file. When the ext is undeployed, the zip file will be expanded back to the tomcat directory to ensure all remnants of the EXT plugin are removed.

Note this can cause you some pain if you make changes to the ROOT webapp manually after the EXT plugin is deployed because at undeployment time the zip file will replace everything from the zip archive, possibly discarding your manual changes in the process...
fred herrmann, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: EXT Plugin setup

New Member Mensajes: 11 Fecha de incorporación: 4/03/11 Mensajes recientes
Thanks for the info. Just to clarify, do I need to zip up the contents of the tomcat folder, or zip up the tomcat folder itself? For example, would the zip have the following structure:
.zip
[indent]- tomcat-6.0.29[/indent]
[indent][indent]- backup[/indent][/indent]
[indent][indent]- bin[/indent][/indent]
[indent][indent]- conf[/indent][/indent]
[indent][indent]- jre[/indent][/indent]
etc.

or just
.zip
[indent] - backup[/indent]
[indent] - bin[/indent]
[indent]- conf[/indent]
etc.

thanks again!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: EXT Plugin setup (Respuesta)

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
The first option, I believe...