Foros de discusión

Liferay IDE vs. Liferay Developer Studio

Bob Baird, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay IDE vs. Liferay Developer Studio

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 9/02/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi. I'm a little confused about the release roadmap for LDS vs. IDE. I understand the IDE is the free/community version, and LDS is targeted at EE clients. I see IDE is up to 1.4, but can't find any mention of Liferay Developer Studio updates including the 1.4 (or 1.3, etc.) features. As an EE client interested in the Liferay 6.1 support and new features included in the IDE updates , how do I go about updating our LDS installs to get the features of the new IDE releases? Are there separate release schedules?

Thanks!
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: Liferay IDE vs. Liferay Developer Studio

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Bob,

Sorry for the confusion. Liferay IDE releases will always happen prior to Studio releases. But Studio should be released very shortly after IDE releases, but I usually like to give the IDE release a few weeks to flush out any bugs that may require a patch release before rolling out a new Studio release to EE customers.

However, if you have Liferay Developer Studio 1.3 installed you can safely upgrade just the Liferay IDE features in Studio by adding the Liferay IDE updatesite into Studio through to the normal install mechanism and get the new IDE features.

With all of that being said I hope to have a new Studio release (1.4) available by the end of the week.