Foros de discusión

Chat application for Liferay

Isabel Moyo, modificado hace 15 años.

Chat application for Liferay

Junior Member Mensajes: 37 Fecha de incorporación: 23/04/08 Mensajes recientes
We need a "heavy-weight" chat application that can be integrated into Liferay even if it means loose integration as in using the iframe portlet. The Liferay Chat is a bit light-weight for our needs. Anyone know of a chat application that can handle up to 500 simultaneous users and can be used with Liferay?
Ganesh Ram, modificado hace 15 años.

RE: Chat application for Liferay

Regular Member Mensajes: 199 Fecha de incorporación: 5/02/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi isabel,

From what i could understand from a colleuge regd this topic, previous releases of the chat portlet, used OpenFire. But that has now been changed to a custom implementation. Thats what has made it lighter.

So may be u could download an older release of the chat portlet (say 4.4.2 as an example) from SF, and then try out and may be see if it works out for u.

HTH,
Ganesh
Isabel Moyo, modificado hace 15 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 37 Fecha de incorporación: 23/04/08 Mensajes recientes
Thanks for your input Ganesh. We are still using Liferay 4.4.1 and so we did look at the Chat for that version, but it was still too light weight for our needs. We have looked at the likes of php121 chat, but we are not sure if it can handle the number of simultaneous users we have. Just thought someone out there may have found something they can recommend.
Baris Sener, modificado hace 14 años.

Expert Mensajes: 278 Fecha de incorporación: 23/06/09 Mensajes recientes
I'm looking for a chat portlet like that too. I want them to have group chat, and maybe video chat.

Let me know if you find anything.

thanks,
Baris