Foros de discusión

can't export from Private and import to Public - any help?

Jason Allen, modificado hace 12 años.

can't export from Private and import to Public - any help?

New Member Mensajes: 21 Fecha de incorporación: 31/10/11 Mensajes recientes
Had a customer report she was trying to export ‘Private Pages’ as a LAR, then go to ‘Public Pages’ and import the same LAR, and it’s not changing the Public Pages. They stay the same as they always were.

I tried this myself - we use Liferay Community Edition 6.0.4 if I have that right. Same result. I can export my Private Pages and I get a LAR but I can't import it to my own Public Pages. It says import succeeded, but nothing changes in my Public Pages, they stay the same (only one page exists.)

Now, here’s the weird thing – I asked the customer for her LAR and I can import the LAR provided by the customer to my Public Pages and it DOES change my Public Pages. It’s only when I import the one I exported that it doesn’t – and the customer reports the same thing – she can’t import the one she exported. So in other words I can’t export my OWN Private Pages and import them into Public Pages, but I seem to have no trouble importing someone ELSE’S private pages into my public pages.

I tried with different users on my own system but had no luck there. Tried playing with just about every checkbox and setting imaginable. No dice.

Furthermore, If I import the LAR provided by the customer (which is an export of Private Pages) into MY Private Pages, only SOME of the pages import successfully, but when I import them into my Public pages, they ALL import successfully.

Then, if I re-import my own Private Pages LAR that I exported, earlier, and import it back to my Private Pages, all the pages appear correctly once more as I would expect – so it seems exporting from private, then importing back to private is working fine. It's just crossing that Private-to-Public barrier I have issues with.

No errors in any of the logs that I can see...

any help?

RE: can't export from Private and import to Public - any help?

Further information on this one.... hoping someone can give me some insight into what to look at.

If I export User A's Private Pages, User B can import them as Public Pages, but User A cannot import his own Private Page Export into his own Public Pages.

User B can export the Public Pages, and User A will be able to import those into Public Pages just fine.

RE: can't export from Private and import to Public - any help?

Does anyone read this thing? emoticon

I have been able to reproduce this over and over and over with fresh installations of our Liferay 6.0.4 Community Edition portal. I suspect a bug....