Foros de discusión

Liferay 4.3 Alfresco client and Alfresco Content

thumbnail
lakmal silva, modificado hace 16 años.

New Member Mensajes: 6 Fecha de incorporación: 19/06/07 Mensajes recientes
Hello,

I have installed liferay 4.3 with the accompanying alfresco portlet, both with MySQL backend and authentication via LDAP. The problem I'm having is when I try to see the content that is put via the alfresco client and when i try to see them from the alfresco content portlet, the browser seems to get freeze for a while. Then it end up displaying sort of ascii / binary characters. Has anyone faced the same problem? I have also installed openoffice 2.2 and places the imconvert.exe file under system32 folder. But still the problem is the same.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Lakmal
thumbnail
Morad Morad Morad, modificado hace 16 años.

RE: Liferay 4.3 Alfresco client and Alfresco Content

Junior Member Mensajes: 41 Fecha de incorporación: 30/05/07 Mensajes recientes
hi,

has you resolved the pb sso/alfresco/liferay (portlet client)?

thanks
thumbnail

Hi,

I'm not using SSO at the moment since there is a presentation on the existing liferay/alfresco system this week. The final aim is to implement SSO for liferay/alfresco of couse. Before trying liferay 4.3 i had SSO with CAS running with liferay 4.2.2 and alfresco 1.4 client, but it never worked when trying to access alfresco client. I can see in the logs that requests were making to CAS server from the alfresco client, but it was not authenticated. I wonder it was a problem with the default guest login in alfresco client. The other issue I had with CAS was to change the simple authentication handler, (Username=password) to ldap which never worked so far. I will start working on them after this demo hopefully.

Any luck with regard to these issues from your side? You can also check this post which I made to alfresco.

http://forums.alfresco.com/viewtopic.php?t=7097&highlight=lakmal

Regards

Lakmal
thumbnail
Jonas Yuan, modificado hace 16 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 993 Fecha de incorporación: 27/04/07 Mensajes recientes
A solution of SSO plus LDAP for Liferay Portal and Alfresco Portlet.

1. First please download an example Liferay Portal 4.2.2, Alfresco Portlet 1.4, LDAP (cas) and SSO CAS.

CIGNEX_Liferay-Alfresco-SSO-LDAP.zip

Download from (save link as ...)

http://liferay.cignex.com

unzip it in your local machine.

2. Then create database (this is cofigurable) MySQL

for Liferay Portal
create database liferay;
grant all on liferay.* to 'liferay'@'localhost' identified by 'liferay' with grant option;
grant all on liferay.* to 'liferay'@'localhost.localdomain' identified by 'liferay' with grant option;

for Alfresco Portlet
create database alfresco;
grant all on alfresco.* to 'alfresco'@'localhost' identified by 'alfresco' with grant option;
grant all on alfresco.* to 'alfresco'@'localhost.localdomain' identified by 'alfresco' with grant option;

3. Start your AS from unzipped file
tomcat/bin/startup.bat or sh startup.sh

Go to http://localhost:8080

press sign in

4. In CAS login page (https://docs.cignex.com/cas-web), login

possible users in LDAP server (docs.cignex.com) (configurable)
jonas/jonas
jane/jane

After login in CAS, you should be in Liferay Portal with your login name. No need relogin in Liferay Portal.

Add Alfresco Ext Client. You should be in Alfresco Portlet with your login name. No need relogin in Alfresco Portlet.

Get it?

Good luck.

Jonas Yuan
CIGNEX Technologies, Inc.
Email: jonas@cignex.com
Tom Barber, modificado hace 16 años.

New Member Mensajes: 15 Fecha de incorporación: 17/07/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi Lakmal I see you've been using alfresco with liferay 4.3, did you have any deployment issues as I can't get the client portlet to deploy. My content portlet works fine.

Cheers

Tom
Saravanan vedachalam, modificado hace 16 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 45 Fecha de incorporación: 26/07/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi Tom,

This is Sarn,

Tom I too Have the same problem, Am not able to get the Alfresco Client in My Liferay 4.3, while am trying to deploy the War file using Installer Plugin, it gets deployed Successfully but Alfresco Tab missing from the Liferay 4.3,

Am working in Fedora Core 5 now, using liferay-portal-tomcat-5.5-jdk5-4.3.0,

please help me out to resolve this issue....

Thanks.

Saravanan.
Tom Barber, modificado hace 16 años.

New Member Mensajes: 15 Fecha de incorporación: 17/07/07 Mensajes recientes
Saravanan vedachalam:
Hi Tom,

This is Sarn,

Tom I too Have the same problem, Am not able to get the Alfresco Client in My Liferay 4.3, while am trying to deploy the War file using Installer Plugin, it gets deployed Successfully but Alfresco Tab missing from the Liferay 4.3,

Am working in Fedora Core 5 now, using liferay-portal-tomcat-5.5-jdk5-4.3.0,

please help me out to resolve this issue....

Thanks.

Saravanan.

Hey Sarn,

Check your paths, no matter where I installed it the path pointed to /root/liferay, which wasn't where I was installing it, providing you path is correct then it should install, once installed though it wont start because its missing a config file in the webapps/alfresco/..... I can't remember which one something like custom-db-connection.properties or similar, anyway check the logs and you'll see the file listed as missing, create it and populate it with some data and your away.

HTH

Tom
thumbnail

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the late response. Were you able to fix the issue? Yes did have some problems when deploying the alfresco client. Initial setup worked fine but when I tried to do modifications to get it work with LDAP and Mysql, I got the issue of client not being registered in the portal. I don't know if it's due to some caching effect. However I managed to overcome this issue by dropping the alfresco database in MySQL and clearing all the cached data and then create the alfresco database before running the starup script.

Regards,

Lakmal