Foros de discusión

How to custom the agreement terms layout (see details)

Alex Sun, modificado hace 12 años.

How to custom the agreement terms layout (see details)

Junior Member Mensajes: 30 Fecha de incorporación: 11/01/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi guys,

Anyone know how to rebuild the layout of agreement term page. Usually, we need to roll down to end then can select the "I agree" button. Now I am going to make change on it as the client requirement. Put the text in inner frame and place "I agree" button on where we can see from beginning. So we can select "I agree" at the start and needn't to roll down or read the rest.

The images attached.

Please tell me the details about how to do it. file names, functions, any where I need to make change. Write new file etc...
Hope someone helps! Demo on Fri this week. lol

Thanks

Ice

Archivos adjuntos:

thumbnail
Rojalin Patri, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: How to custom the agreement terms layout (see details)

Expert Mensajes: 287 Fecha de incorporación: 22/03/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Alex,
the terms and conditions jsp is present in webapps\ROOT\html\portal\terms_of_use.jsp.is this what you are looking for.....you can customize the jsp directly or using hooks as per the requirement specifications.
Alex Sun, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 30 Fecha de incorporación: 11/01/12 Mensajes recientes
1. RE: customize the jsp directly

Does that mean I can change that jsp directlt without need of change other thigns?

2. Could you please tell me what I need to do if I use HOOK to make a change?

Path. File. U'd better give me a demo.

Thanks!

Alex
thumbnail
Rojalin Patri, modificado hace 12 años.

Expert Mensajes: 287 Fecha de incorporación: 22/03/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Alex,
yes you can change the jsp directly and refresh your browser to see the changes.But customizing/changing default liferay files is not recommended.So to be compliant with liferay standards and strategies we should customize it using a hook.The detail procedure of creating and deploying a hook is mentioned clearly in Liferay Developer's guide.you can download it from here in this same community site itself.but just for a trial,you can change the jsp and see whether you are able to accomplish your requirement.
Srini Villuri, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 22/03/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

We have a requirement to capture the action whether User "Agreed" or "Disagreed" from "Terms of Use" page.
If user accepts the Terms, we need to set a flag in our user defined table to indicate that user already logged-in and accepted the terms.

How to override this event. I tried to write a hook to override "UpdateTermsOfUseAction" class.
Not sure what property to set in portal.properties to execute this code.

"terms.of.use.required" property is helpful only if you want to show the Terms of Use page or not. But I am looking for something that can trigger event(like post event) after Agreeing for the terms by clicking on "I Agree" button.

Can some one point me to right link please.

Thanks
Srini
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14917 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
It's easy - if they do not agree to the terms, they can't log in. Your flag as to whether they have agreed or not should be based upon their last login date.
Srini Villuri, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 22/03/12 Mensajes recientes
Thank You David. This gave us a clue. We are thinking of doing in our landing page. We will check if the flag is set before updating.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14917 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
There's also a flag on the User object, agreedToTermsOfUse, that you can access. It's set to true if the user has agreed...
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
+1 There's a problem when upgrading but there's also a license issue. If you change the code directly, you're be bound to the LPGL and make the entire Liferay source code with your modification available.
Carl K, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 11 Fecha de incorporación: 13/11/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I got a similar problem but it is about look and feel. How can I assign a layout to terms of use content instead of using the same layout that an user would landing to after they agree with the condition. I did try work around but couldn't find the solution.

Please help, and thank you in advance.