Foros de discusión

How can we hide server Block in Control Panel

Bharani Ravi Kanth, modificado hace 12 años.

How can we hide server Block in Control Panel

Junior Member Mensajes: 63 Fecha de incorporación: 20/01/12 Mensajes recientes
Hello Guys,

Can you please help me in hiding the server block in the control block.

Thank you
bharani
thumbnail
Ram Manusani, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: How can we hide server Block in Control Panel

Regular Member Mensajes: 124 Fecha de incorporación: 27/10/11 Mensajes recientes
You can write a hook and hide the panel-manage-server code in control_panel.jsp file under html/portal/layout/view
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6396 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
If you provide the "Administrator" role to users, they get the administrative permissions to access this area. You can create another role that contains just the administrative permissions you want to have.

Also, to make it easier, you can also just create a second instance - all but the first instances are missing the server administration area as this kind of administration (plugins-installation etc) will be done through the original, first, instance.
Anabelle Trinidad, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 27 Fecha de incorporación: 1/05/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi..
I created a new role which I named plugin installation. The permission was just set to plugin installation and the scope limits only to the organization of my user.
Correct me if I'm wrong..but my understanding to this is that if I assigned this role to my user (ROLE:USER,POWER USER, PLUGIN INSTALLATION,USER) he can access the plugin installation tool of server section of control panel.
Am I right?