Foros de discusión

Upgrade from 6.06 to 6.1 no errors but fails to render

Aaron East, modificado hace 12 años.

Upgrade from 6.06 to 6.1 no errors but fails to render

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 9/08/10 Mensajes recientes
I am using the UX theme in 6.06 as the default but I am seeing this in the errors after deploying the theme and trying to get to the login screen.

16:00:23,807 ERROR [ThemeLocalServiceImpl:173] No theme found for default theme id UX_WAR_uxtheme. Returning a random theme.
16:00:23,810 WARN [ThemeLocalServiceImpl:149] No theme found for specified theme id . Returning the default theme.
16:00:23,812 ERROR [ThemeLocalServiceImpl:173] No theme found for default theme id UX_WAR_uxtheme. Returning a random theme.
16:00:23,836 ERROR [ThemeUtil:360] _SERVLET_CONTEXT_/wap/themes/mobile/templates/portal_pop_up.vm does not exist

The UX_WAR_uxtheme does exist I have it in the webapps directory but the request is failing on the last line there.

Nothing on the browser renders, it is just a blank screen
Tony Rad, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: Upgrade from 6.06 to 6.1 no errors but fails to render

Junior Member Mensajes: 29 Fecha de incorporación: 25/02/11 Mensajes recientes
Have you redeployed the UX theme in the new appserver portal? (is there the WAR under webapps?)
If yes, can you verify to have changed from to 6.1.0 the compatibility version of the theme:

<look-and-feel>
        <compatibility>
       [b]<version>6.1.0+</version>[/b]
        </compatibility>
</look-and-feel>

in the file docroot/WEB-INF/liferay-look-and-feel.xml of the UX plugin ? (otherwise liferay will not deploy the theme also if it is deployed in your app server.

Regards
Andrew Carne, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 4 Fecha de incorporación: 1/02/12 Mensajes recientes
I can verify having this issue as well. I have checked and the themes that I am using have the compatibility section updated to 6.1.0+.

I've tried redeploying themes, including the default sevencogs theme, but cannot get any to load. This is very frustrating and I'm not at a bit of a dead end. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've tried restoring and performing the upgrade process several times (including updating the theme before upgrading) with no success.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
After re-deploying the theme, you may have to go to the look and feel for the page and re-assign it back to the ux theme...

If the original poster's problem is the same one I'm encountering (which based on the description and error messages it seems to be), then it is impossible to get to the look and feel page. Literally nothing displays. Trying to reach the server through the web gives a completely blank page. No HTML. No content. Nothing.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Well it seems to be picking a mobile theme (when it's doing the random selection) and then fails due to a missing velocity template.

Drop in either a newer UX theme or manually edit the compatibility to the 6.1.0+ and restart tomcat.

Hopefully this resolves your missing theme issue and the selection of the broken mobile theme.
Natasa Bulatovic, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 28 Fecha de incorporación: 7/06/11 Mensajes recientes
Same problem, deploying new theme does not solve it as well.
I only have it for another theme, and get the following error messages in the log..

11:39:57,791 WARN [ThemeLocalServiceImpl:149] No theme found for specified theme id so_WAR_sotheme. Returning the default theme.
11:39:57,793 ERROR [ThemeLocalServiceImpl:173] No theme found for default theme id so_WAR_sotheme. Returning a random theme.
11:39:57,849 WARN [ThemeLocalServiceImpl:149] No theme found for specified theme id so_WAR_sotheme. Returning the default theme.
11:39:57,851 ERROR [ThemeLocalServiceImpl:173] No theme found for default theme id so_WAR_sotheme. Returning a random theme.
11:39:57,856 WARN [ThemeLocalServiceImpl:149] No theme found for specified theme id so_WAR_sotheme. Returning the default theme.
11:39:57,857 ERROR [ThemeLocalServiceImpl:173] No theme found for default theme id so_WAR_sotheme. Returning a random theme.
11:39:57,858 WARN [ThemeLocalServiceImpl:149] No theme found for specified theme id so_WAR_sotheme. Returning the default theme.
11:39:57,858 ERROR [ThemeLocalServiceImpl:173] No theme found for default theme id so_WAR_sotheme. Returning a random theme.
11:40:00,628 ERROR [ThemeUtil:360] _SERVLET_CONTEXT_/wap/themes/mobile/templates/portal_pop_up.vm does not exist

Blank page appears

I managed to get mine past this particular issue. Possible solutions:
  • Don't copy the lucerne folder in the data directory
  • Run the 6.1 installation without a database/data folder to allow the setup wizard to complete first. Then stop it, dump in the old database, and data directory.

Hard for me to pinpoint exactly what did it, as I was just wildly trying things, but eventually it started working.
Mark Janveaux, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 5 Fecha de incorporación: 19/02/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi all,

This is a frustrating problem. I managed to solve it by doing the following:

a) Backup database
b) Restore database as new separate database (i.e. lportal2)
c) run the following SQL against the active database (in my case, lportal):

update lportal.layoutset set themeId = 'classic';

d) At this point, startup liferay again and re-deploy your theme. Once it's deployed, go back and run the following script:

update lportal.layoutset l, lportal2.layoutset l2 set l.themeId = l2.themeId where l.layoutSetId = l2.layoutSetId;

That did it for me.

Mark
thumbnail
Willem Vermeer, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 32 Fecha de incorporación: 30/03/12 Mensajes recientes
Thanks everybody for posting about this issue. I encountered the same problem and fixed it as follows:

Environment: ubuntu linux with MYSQL
Problem description: after the database migration of a 6.0.3 portal to 6.1.0 the portal starts but only show an empty white page. The portal contains one custom theme. The log file indicates that the custom theme cannot be found and tries to display a random theme (mobile) which contains an error.

Solution:
- run the database migration and backup the database
- start a clean 6.1.0 portal with NO database connection - liferay will use hypersonic
- run an "ant clean build-service deploy" on the custom theme to the new 6.1.0 portal
- start the portal
- go through the basic configuration process
- stop the portal
- throw away the /data/lucene directory - this is a crucial step otherwise it will try to load the test user made during basic configuration process instead of the users in our real database
- configure webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/portal-ext.properties to point to the migrated database
- start the portal
- now the custom theme is available to the portal and the home page will display

Hope this is of some use to somebody.
Willem
Rafael Martínez Soler, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 12 Fecha de incorporación: 9/12/09 Mensajes recientes
Well done Mark !

This solve our problem. You are a "Liferay Legend" for us...

Thank you sooooo much
thumbnail
maryam maryam masoudy, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 149 Fecha de incorporación: 30/10/11 Mensajes recientes
hi i have same problem

WARN [ThemeLocalServiceImpl:129] No theme found for specified theme id goli_WAR_goli. Returning the default theme.
09:45:40,662 WARN [ThemeLocalServiceImpl:129] No theme found for specified theme id goli_WAR_goli. Returning the default theme.
09:45:45,450 WARN [ThemeLocalServiceImpl:129] No theme found for specified theme id goli_WAR_goli. Returning the default theme

Rafael could resolve his problem but i donot understand what he did ?
who can explain more for me ?
Pavel Horal, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 14 Fecha de incorporación: 16/06/11 Mensajes recientes
When you install 6.1.0 from the scratch, you will go through Setup wizard, which creates portal-setup-wizard.properties in your ${liferay.home}. In this file there is one special property:
setup.wizard.enabled=false
. So if you don't have this file, be sure to have this property in the portal-ext.properties.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Seems there's already a solution to the problem but just wondering if there wasn't any error during the upgrade process. There's several report of theme not being upgraded properly.

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/12106059
Rafael Martínez Soler, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 12 Fecha de incorporación: 9/12/09 Mensajes recientes
We have the same problem:

09:20:19,055 WARN [http-8080-1][ThemeLocalServiceImpl:149] No theme found for specified theme id XXX_WAR_XXXheme. Returning the default theme.
09:20:19,194 WARN [http-8080-1][ThemeLocalServiceImpl:149] No theme found for specified theme id XXX_WAR_XXXtheme. Returning the default theme.
09:20:19,206 WARN [http-8080-1][ThemeLocalServiceImpl:149] No theme found for specified theme id XXX_WAR_XXXtheme. Returning the default theme.
09:20:19,211 WARN [http-8080-1][ThemeLocalServiceImpl:149] No theme found for specified theme id XXX_WAR_XXXtheme. Returning the default theme.

and nothing on the browser......

The update process from 6.0 to 6.1 is really a bad bad process, because the custom theme is a key feature on any liferay deployment in production systems.