Foros de discusión

<distributable />

Dana Oredson, modificado hace 12 años.

<distributable />

Junior Member Mensajes: 70 Fecha de incorporación: 14/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Why does liferay-portal.war not have <distributable /> in the web.xml?

I was trying to get my liferay installation clustered and have had trouble getting my session replicated between the loadbalanced instances. I created a simple war that just output the session id, and that is working.

However, when I tried to do the same for liferay, it was not replicating the session. Finally, I cracked the war and looked at the web.xml and it does not have <distributable />, therefore it will not get replicated sessions.

Is no one using clustered Liferay instances??
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: <distributable />

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 3089 Fecha de incorporación: 28/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Dana Oredson:
Why does liferay-portal.war not have <distributable /> in the web.xml?

I was trying to get my liferay installation clustered and have had trouble getting my session replicated between the loadbalanced instances. I created a simple war that just output the session id, and that is working.

However, when I tried to do the same for liferay, it was not replicating the session. Finally, I cracked the war and looked at the web.xml and it does not have <distributable />, therefore it will not get replicated sessions.

Is no one using clustered Liferay instances??

Dana, that you said is necessary for getting Liferay work for session replication. I had to do that in our production environment too. Don't know the reason why isn't added to web.xml by default.
thumbnail
Sachin Joshi, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 23/03/12 Mensajes recientes
I am also working with the support staff on the same issue. This is going to cause a lot of unwanted issues in future upgrades etc management.

Adding distributable tag in web.xml does not really harm the servers that do not support session replication. I do not see any reason why this war is not bundled with default setting.

We are using 6.1GA LR Enterprise edition on GF3 cluster.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
It's written in the wiki to add <distributable /> so I don't think it's really that much of a problem.

http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/High+Availability+Guide