Foros de discusión

Sync for Android

thumbnail
Massimiliano Assante, modificado hace 12 años.

Sync for Android

Junior Member Mensajes: 53 Fecha de incorporación: 4/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi,
great job so far, however was wondering if there was any plan to support Android in the near future.
thumbnail
Michael Young, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: Sync for Android (Respuesta)

Liferay Master Mensajes: 846 Fecha de incorporación: 5/08/04 Mensajes recientes
We should be releasing an Android version in the coming weeks.
Sree Padakanti, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: Sync for Android

New Member Mensajes: 5 Fecha de incorporación: 9/02/12 Mensajes recientes
Any updates on this?
thumbnail
Michael Young, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 846 Fecha de incorporación: 5/08/04 Mensajes recientes
We're pausing Android development for the short term so that we can work on a better cross platform development strategy. The Android and iPhone apps are currently developed independently and we're working on a way to develop them together.
thumbnail
Hans Frisvold, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 20 Fecha de incorporación: 17/03/11 Mensajes recientes
When could we expect Liferay sync for android?
thumbnail
Cameron McBride, modificado hace 12 años.

Expert Mensajes: 269 Fecha de incorporación: 8/02/11 Mensajes recientes
Independent seems like the best way to go. Whats happens if you combine them results in a few possible scenarios:

1. You use a tool that allows you to write one type of code and have both apps. These apps look like crap compared to native Android and iOS apps. They don't have the capability of doing as much either. End users lose with this. There are a few app builders that do this sort of thing.

2. You have an amazing Android or iOS developer. He develops both apps. In this scenario you end up with one really amazing app and one buggy piece of junk that looks similar to the amazing one. Being a Java company I assume your Android app would win out.

If you really want some great apps then you have a dedicated Android developer and a dedicated iOS developer. You let them collaborate on the apps but don't make them be the same. Allow them to compete adding features to beat the other. Your end users will love this.
thumbnail
Hamish Campbell, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 87 Fecha de incorporación: 20/08/08 Mensajes recientes
Any updates on this was looking on the android market but could not find the app?
thumbnail
Hans Frisvold, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 20 Fecha de incorporación: 17/03/11 Mensajes recientes
any updates on this
jon athan, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 26/09/12 Mensajes recientes
Android is my favorite software that i use in mobile phones. I just want to say thanks for this information. Keep it up.
Brian Gormanly, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 18 Fecha de incorporación: 2/08/11 Mensajes recientes
Michael Young:
We're pausing Android development for the short term so that we can work on a better cross platform development strategy. The Android and iPhone apps are currently developed independently and we're working on a way to develop them together.

I am disappointed to hear this. I have never used a "cross-platform" software on android that was not a complete joke. I think you will find when you are done with the cross platform experiment that it saves little if any time, becomes a maintenance nightmare, (especially when new versions of either OS come out) and makes nobody happy.

I really hope you prove me wrong though emoticon

Brian
thumbnail
Denis Signoretto, modificado hace 11 años.

Expert Mensajes: 375 Fecha de incorporación: 21/04/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

documentation reports "For Android, go to Google Play, search for Liferay, and install the Liferay Sync App"
but I can't find it. It's Sync for Android App ready to download?

Thanks,
Denis.
thumbnail
Jesse Rao, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 58 Fecha de incorporación: 12/07/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Denis,

Sorry, the Sync apps for Android and iOS have not been released yet. The docs you referred to (Liferay Sync - User Guide) were for the beta versions. To avoid confusion, we've removed them from the User Guide but we'll republish them when the Android and Sync apps are actually released.
thumbnail
Bruno Farache, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 603 Fecha de incorporación: 14/05/07 Mensajes recientes
Liferay Sync for Android has just been released! http://goo.gl/2qdK1
thumbnail

RE: Sync for Android - Trying it now on Samsung Note II

Really nice to have this now I will host my photos on my blog rather than on facebook - was simply to fiddly to upload to liferay on a phone before. I would love the android "share via" option to work to a set location folder on my blog/site?
* it works, most of the time emoticon
* crashed each time I use the camera - picture - upload option.
* crashes some of the time after uploading an image.
Will be uploading the images here http://hamishcampbell.com/media if anyone wont's to check out real world mobile use.

UPDATE - "the file is to big" 8mp - will go into admin and make max file size bigger... humm "LRS has stopped"

More updates to come emoticon
thumbnail

Liferay Master Mensajes: 603 Fecha de incorporación: 14/05/07 Mensajes recientes
Hamish,

I got only 1 error report from Google Play, was it you? I think I have a fix for the upload issue, I'm going to reach you directly, not sure how.

Regarding Liferay crashing after a big file upload, maybe you should increase the JVM heap size? Doesn't it say anything in the logs before stopping?
thumbnail

Just uploaded a new version, it should update soon.

Please let me know if it fixes your issue, Hamish. Here's the ticket with more details:
http://issues.liferay.com/browse/SYNC-588
thumbnail

It updated, haven't had a chance to try the new version will do it now.

Update: with take a photo (8mp image) it crashed, it worked, it crashed sent the report fro the last crash.

It worked for same image upload from gallery.

Hope this helps.
thumbnail
Sohui Gu, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 115 Fecha de incorporación: 7/07/06 Mensajes recientes
Great job.