Foros de discusión

Web Content XSD or DTD

thumbnail
Orin Fink, modificado hace 12 años.

Web Content XSD or DTD

Junior Member Mensajes: 65 Fecha de incorporación: 25/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Hello All,

We are utilizing an ETL engine to organize/prepare web content that is then pushed into Liferay via the JSON webservices. We are OK with all of the webservices but we are wondering if there is an "official" xsd or dtd document that defines the xml package that is stored in the content field in liferay. We don't intend on changing the actual database structure to utilize an XML data type field but having the official schema _would help us in our interim ETL database where we are "aggregating" the web content from external sources and creating the XML content that ultimately is fed into the JSON web service.

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Orin Fink, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: Web Content XSD or DTD

Junior Member Mensajes: 65 Fecha de incorporación: 25/03/10 Mensajes recientes
In keeping this thread alive, I have created something using an automated tool for building xsd or dtd from example xml but i am not sure if this is comprehensive enough, or too limiting to define the xml structure that the "content" property of a journal article needs to follow... any tips on making this better?

<!--?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?-->
<!--ELEMENT root ((dynamic-element+))-->
<!--ATTLIST root
	available-locales CDATA #FIXED "en_US"
	default-locale CDATA #FIXED "en_US"
-->
<!--ELEMENT dynamic-element ((dynamic-element*, dynamic-content))-->
<!--ATTLIST dynamic-element
	index-type CDATA #REQUIRED
	instance-id CDATA #REQUIRED
	name CDATA #REQUIRED
	type CDATA #REQUIRED
-->
<!--ELEMENT dynamic-content (#PCDATA)-->
thumbnail
Alvaro del Castillo, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Web Content XSD or DTD

New Member Mensajes: 24 Fecha de incorporación: 9/02/10 Mensajes recientes
You are missing the metadata information for the dynamic element no?

I am trying to use W3C XSD instead DTD in order to define the format in which we should receive Journal Contents for publishing them.

It is a pity that Liferay Journal Structure does not use a standard schema like XSD or DTD.