Foros de discusión

css problems in newly created theme

Artem Fedulov, modificado hace 12 años.

css problems in newly created theme

New Member Mensajes: 21 Fecha de incorporación: 25/02/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi, I'm new in liferay. I have created new theme step by step like in this tutorial
http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/development/-/ai/creating-a-the-4
and new theme has no any css to display, but templates and java scriptare working. I read that new theme should extend base theme and looks like classic theme, but it has not done.
What shall I do, to extend existing css from classic liferay theme? Do I have to write all the CSS again?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: css problems in newly created theme

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
The default parent theme used when you create a new theme is "_styled" which, unfortunately, is not really styled much at all.

If you change the parent theme to "classic" (in the build.xml of your theme project), it will look like the classic theme.

The basic intent with _styled is that all of the classes, etc., used in a liferay theme are provided but not populated. As the theme creator, you would modify all of the standard classes to match what you're looking for.

In reality this is overkill. Most people (especially those new to Liferay) want a real starting point where they can start tweaking a working theme from. Changing the parent theme to "classic" will do this for you.
Artem Fedulov, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 21 Fecha de incorporación: 25/02/12 Mensajes recientes
Thanks for answers
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
If you're interested, Liferay's document on what David said:

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/development/-/ai/theme-inheritan-4