Foros de discusión

Websphere 8 and Liferay 6.1

thumbnail
Edson Ma, modificado hace 12 años.

Websphere 8 and Liferay 6.1

New Member Mensajes: 6 Fecha de incorporación: 28/07/11 Mensajes recientes
Hello people,

I am having trouble installing Liferay in a Websphere application server.

I installed liferay-portal-6.1.10-ee-ga1-20120223174854827.war in a Websphere v8 and it deployed ok. After that I tried to install eh-cache plugin (ehcache-cluster-web-6.1.10.1-ee-ga1-20120217132404825.war) copying the file on the liferay-portal/deploy directory and I got some Exception.

It seems like that the liferay tried to deploy in a webapps directory misunderstanding that I use tomcat server. Due to this, I changed my portal-ext.properties adding the parameter auto.deploy.dest.dir=<WEBSPHERE_HOTDEPLOY_FOLDER> to the Websphere hotdeploy folder. I also set true the parameter auto.deploy.unpack.war=true so that the websphere will try to auto deploy the application. All that changes just lead me to the deploy of the eh-cache-cluster.web.war to the wrong ROOT context / and I got erros in websphere.

Have anyone had any tutorial, links or other forum post that could make me get some hints to correctly configure my Liferay?

Thanks in Advance !

Cheers!
thumbnail
Ricardo Funke Ormieres, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Websphere 8 and Liferay 6.1

New Member Mensajes: 8 Fecha de incorporación: 20/06/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi Edson!

I know it's been a while since you posted it, but I'll answer just for registration at least.

My suggestion is to make the same configurations you've done, but instead of doing in portal-ext.properties, do in the "Control Panel" -> "Plugins Installation" -> "Install More Portlets" -> "Configuration"

There's a field for "Destination Directory" (if you hold your cursor in the help icon, it will show where it is setting) and a checkbox for "Unpack WAR" option.

So maybe Liferay is ignoring the settings in portal-ext.properties in favor of the settings in the database.
thumbnail
Ricardo Funke Ormieres, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Websphere 8 and Liferay 6.1

New Member Mensajes: 8 Fecha de incorporación: 20/06/12 Mensajes recientes
Actualy, maybe you have to deploy via administrative console of WebSphere.

This link http://eichelgartenweg2.blogspot.com.br/2008/07/add-portlet-to-liferay-via-websphere.html, shows how to do it, starting at section 5:

5.1 Go to Enterprise applications > "Select your Liferay application" > Click "Update" > Select " Replace or add a single module"
5.2. Browse to the edited portlet-war-file.
5.3 Set "Specify the path beginning with the installed application archive file to the module to be replaced or added." to the portlet's name (in this case: sample-jsp-portlet).
5.3 Set the context path to a correct value (in this case i used: sample-jsp-portlet).