Foros de discusión

Non Liferay JBoss Configuration

thumbnail
Ram Manusani, modificado hace 11 años.

Non Liferay JBoss Configuration

Regular Member Mensajes: 124 Fecha de incorporación: 27/10/11 Mensajes recientes
I am using Liferay 6.1 with the traditional JBOSS 5.1(Non Liferay Jboss) and I was able to successfully deploy my themes, layouts but not portlets.

Every time I deploy the portlet I see the error like:

vfsfile:/usr/local/jboss-eap-5.1/jboss-as/server/default/deploy/LiferayTest-portlet.war/ -> org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Error creating managed object for vfsfile:/usr/local/EnterprisePlatform-5.1.0/jboss-eap-5.1/jboss-as/server/default/deploy/LiferayTest-portlet.war/

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
Deployment "vfsfile:/usr/local/jboss-eap-5.1/jboss-as/server/default/deploy/LiferayTest-portlet.war/" is in error due to the following reason(s): org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBRuntimeException: -1:-1 31:3 The declaration for the entity "HTML.Version" must end with '>'.

For first I thought the problem was with my portlet, but any portlet that has a service builder in it throws the same error.

Do I have to configure something in JBoss to run the service builder successfully?

As I am using a Non Liferay JBoss, should I have to modify any files for letting Jboss to understand Service builder generated classes?

Any insights will be greatly appreciated..
thumbnail
Brian Chan, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Non Liferay JBoss Configuration

Liferay Master Mensajes: 753 Fecha de incorporación: 5/08/04 Mensajes recientes
This was recently fixed. See http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-26057

It has to do with how jboss 5 uses "vfs" and later jboss versions use "vfsfile" (or vice versa).

So search *.java in the latest trunk, and look for the word "vfs" and you should be able to find the ticket that fixes it.
thumbnail
Ram Manusani, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 124 Fecha de incorporación: 27/10/11 Mensajes recientes
When you say trunk, Do u mean Issue Navigator?

I see some tickets for vfs but not finding the solution thou
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6396 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
If you go to the issue that Brian mentioned, click "All" and you'll see some pull requests, leading to this one with the LPS ticket name. I can't say if this is all you need, but it's a starting point, given the information above
thumbnail
devaraj s, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 228 Fecha de incorporación: 21/05/12 Mensajes recientes
I already developed liferay in local system. Now I want to host this in public server JBOSS 7 but which folder I will make war in liferay bundle and deploy. If any one one perfect in hosting please do the needful. And i saw the documentation about deploying liferay in exsting server in this link "http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide/-/ai/installing-liferay-on-an-existing-application-server".

But for this i need to make some configuration in jboss configuration file if i follow those steps, It will affect to My another J2ee application is running on server.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6396 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
It helps starting a new thread for a new topic like this. This will enable easier linking/finding of issues.

That being said, you already found the documentation. Liferay needs some files on the global classpath - there's no way around that. Yes, they will be available to other applications that run on the same server, but that's the price you pay for being able to deploy additional portlets and plugins.

There might be a way around the steps outlined in the documentation, but if you run into problems with such a setup (like plugins not working - or not working in the expected way) you'd be outside of expectations for how Liferay operates. If you don't have more experience with JBoss, I recommend to set up a separate instance.

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of real-world experience with JBoss, so I can't tell you if there are some OOTB features in JBoss to mitigate this.
thumbnail
devaraj s, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 228 Fecha de incorporación: 21/05/12 Mensajes recientes
First i would like to say thanks for valuable reply.
I have successfully deployed liferay 6.1 in jboss 7.1 existing server by following the documentation "http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide/-/ai/installing-liferay-on-an-existing-application-server" . But I am not able to setup the portal wizard properties like to set new password,password reminder, and also not able to login to portal.

please if any one know the solution for this plesae do the needful.
thumbnail
Praveen P, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 100 Fecha de incorporación: 21/02/12 Mensajes recientes
Remove portal-setup-wizard.properties file, and just have a portal-ext.properties file in your classes of liferay bundle, in liferay 6.1 that setup-wizard.properties file is automatically created but causing some problem so try to have portal-ext.properties file and also by default the preference is first portal.properties then portal-ext.properties then portal-setup-wizard.properties try this out