Foros de discusión

Good developer's conference to do presentation

thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Good developer's conference to do presentation

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
I'm completing my DCI system archecture implementation based on Liferay. Would like to do some presentation to the developers' community.
Appreciate if somebody would tell me which conference would be a good place to do a presentation to a large audience.

Developing new software/system architecture is my hobby too. emoticon
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Good developer's conference to do presentation

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Hitoshi Ozawa:
I'm completing my DCI system archecture implementation based on Liferay. Would like to do some presentation to the developers' community.
Appreciate if somebody would tell me which conference would be a good place to do a presentation to a large audience.

Developing new software/system architecture is my hobby too. emoticon

How about an upcoming Liferay Symposium! I think that topic would be perfect for the technical tracks of one of them.

As far as non-Liferay, there are many. JAX, JavaOne, Devoxx, OSCON all would provide large audiences.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
I'm limiting myself to business talks at liferay events. In fact, I met Brian Endo today about having Michael Han come over for an event here in Tokyo sometime next month.
Hopefully, I'll be able to give a talk on our Liferay 4.x, 5.x, and 6.x installations and how Liferay is a suitable platform for our company's slogan of 100 year architecture.
I like the idea of having portlets using different technologies being able to interact with each other to provide business services - able to upgrade technology with disrupting business services.

BTW, if there's somebody else interested, drop us a line. I'll forward it to Brian (if he's not looking at these forums) to see if he can work something up.

If you can get me a slot of time at Liferay Symposium, I may be able to come over. (if we don't get another major earthquake like last year.)

As far as non-Liferay, there are many. JAX, JavaOne, Devoxx, OSCON all would provide large audiences.

Thanks, I'll check up on these.
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Hitoshi Ozawa:
I'm limiting myself to business talks at liferay events. In fact, I met Brian Endo today about having Michael Han come over for an event here in Tokyo sometime next month.
Hopefully, I'll be able to give a talk on our Liferay 4.x, 5.x, and 6.x installations and how Liferay is a suitable platform for our company's slogan of 100 year architecture.
I like the idea of having portlets using different technologies being able to interact with each other to provide business services - able to upgrade technology with disrupting business services.

BTW, if there's somebody else interested, drop us a line. I'll forward it to Brian (if he's not looking at these forums) to see if he can work something up.

If you can get me a slot of time at Liferay Symposium, I may be able to come over. (if we don't get another major earthquake like last year.)

Sounds good. Which symposium? If you can write up and submit an abstract through the "Call For Papers" links then we can find a suitable slot for you (and this goes for anyone else interested in speaking!).
thumbnail

Sounds good. Which symposium?

How about the one that liferay will award me for being such a nice guy contributing to the community. emoticon

Another topic that may be of interest to many developers is development best practices. There's not too much on it and I think somebody should give a presentation. It'll be fun if somebody from liferay and somebody from outside can give the presentation on the topic.