Foros de discusión

UpgradeException on 6.0 > 6.1 upgrade

thumbnail
Michael Bravo, modificado hace 11 años.

UpgradeException on 6.0 > 6.1 upgrade

New Member Mensajes: 20 Fecha de incorporación: 26/04/12 Mensajes recientes
Hello.

I am new to the LifeRay product and working on an upgrade project right now. Hope you can help.

We are currently running liferay-portal-6.0-ee-sp2 with MySQL. At the moment we are testing an upgrade with liferay-portal-6.1.10-ee-ga1. I have stepped through the preinstallation steps and modified portal-ext to account for the document library changes for 6.1. When starting the server we receive the exception below.

If there is any light to be shed it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

13:26:31,488 ERROR [MainServlet:201] com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown column 'folderId' in 'field list'
com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown column 'folderId' in 'field list'
at com.liferay.portal.events.StartupAction.run(StartupAction.java:58)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.processStartupEvents(MainServlet.java:1284)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.init(MainServlet.java:198)
at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:160)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1266)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1185)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:1080)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:5015)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5302)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:897)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:873)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:615)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:649)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.run(HostConfig.java:1581)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown column 'folderId' in 'field list'
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeProcess.upgrade(UpgradeProcess.java:213)
at com.liferay.portal.upgrade.UpgradeProcessUtil._upgradeProcess(UpgradeProcessUtil.java:103)
at com.liferay.portal.upgrade.UpgradeProcessUtil.upgradeProcess(UpgradeProcessUtil.java:56)
at com.liferay.portal.upgrade.UpgradeProcessUtil.upgradeProcess(UpgradeProcessUtil.java:36)
at com.liferay.portal.events.StartupHelper.upgradeProcess(StartupHelper.java:81)
at com.liferay.portal.events.StartupHelperUtil.upgradeProcess(StartupHelperUtil.java:48)
at com.liferay.portal.tools.DBUpgrader.upgrade(DBUpgrader.java:119)
at com.liferay.portal.events.StartupAction.doRun(StartupAction.java:144)
at com.liferay.portal.ee.license.StartupAction.doRun(Unknown Source)
at com.liferay.portal.events.StartupAction.run(StartupAction.java:52)
... 20 more
Caused by: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown column 'folderId' in 'field list'
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeProcess.upgrade(UpgradeProcess.java:213)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeProcess.upgrade(UpgradeProcess.java:227)
at com.liferay.portal.upgrade.UpgradeProcess_6_1_0.doUpgrade(UpgradeProcess_6_1_0.java:64)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeProcess.upgrade(UpgradeProcess.java:210)
... 29 more
Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown column 'folderId' in 'field list'
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:936)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2985)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1631)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1723)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:3256)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.java:1313)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:1448)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyPreparedStatement.executeQuery(NewProxyPreparedStatement.java:76)
at com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_1_0.UpgradeDocumentLibrary.updateFileRanks(UpgradeDocumentLibrary.java:195)
at com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_1_0.UpgradeDocumentLibrary.doUpgrade(UpgradeDocumentLibrary.java:87)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeProcess.upgrade(UpgradeProcess.java:210)
... 32 more
Stopping the server due to unexpected startup errors
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: UpgradeException on 6.0 > 6.1 upgrade

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14916 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Well, since you're using EE, you should probably contact support directly...
thumbnail
Armaz Mellati, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 96 Fecha de incorporación: 30/10/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi

I have had similar problems.
The reason was some BIG bugs in the upgrade process.
Upgrading from 6.0.sp2 to 6.1 runs some of the upgrade-processes that has already been run when you upgraded from 6.0.6 to 6.0.12 (which is 6.0 sp2).
Therefore some of the tables that has already been modified are selected on. That's why you get all that unknown column stuff.
In Oracle it is much worse, it doesn't even say which column is missing.

Anyway, what I did was to modify the upgrade process by putting this in portal-ext.properties :

upgrade.processes=\
com.liferay.portal.upgrade.UpgradeProcess_6_0_0,\
com.liferay.portal.upgrade.UpgradeProcess_6_0_1,\
com.liferay.portal.upgrade.UpgradeProcess_6_0_2,\
com.liferay.portal.upgrade.UpgradeProcess_6_0_3,\
com.liferay.portal.upgrade.UpgradeProcess_6_0_5,\
com.liferay.portal.upgrade.UpgradeProcess_6_0_6,\
com.liferay.portal.upgrade.UpgradeProcess_6_0_12_to_6_1_0,\
com.liferay.portal.upgrade.UpgradeProcess_6_1_1

It means I jumped over the 6.0.6 to 6.0.12 process. It helped in my case.

BUT, before you do anything, check out the new patches (fix-packs). They have actually already fixed some of the bugs in the upgrading processes.

Good luck.
thumbnail
Peter B West, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 56 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/09 Mensajes recientes
Armaz Mellati:
Hi

I have had similar problems.
The reason was some BIG bugs in the upgrade process.
Upgrading from 6.0.sp2 to 6.1 runs some of the upgrade-processes that has already been run when you upgraded from 6.0.6 to 6.0.12 (which is 6.0 sp2).
Therefore some of the tables that has already been modified are selected on. That's why you get all that unknown column stuff.
In Oracle it is much worse, it doesn't even say which column is missing.
BUT, before you do anything, check out the new patches (fix-packs). They have actually already fixed some of the bugs in the upgrading processes.

Good luck.

BIG bugs. Tell me about it.

I assume these fix-packs are only available to EE users? Which leaves us community users struggling with the bugs. There are no releases beyond the 20100106 ga1 release. Thanks fellas.

I am starting another thread about upgrade failure.

Peter
thumbnail

See also the post Document URLs invalid in 6.1

I have had this same error after an initial failure, described in the above post, where the process hangs indefinitely.

Peter
thumbnail

Previous message was ambiguous.

My initial attempt to upgrade resulted in the hung process. See post Document URLs invalid in 6.1 for details. When I subsequently retry the upgrade, I get the "Unknown column 'folderId' in 'field list'" exception.
thumbnail
Suchit Khobarekar, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 7 Fecha de incorporación: 11/04/12 Mensajes recientes
Peter B West:
Previous message was ambiguous.

My initial attempt to upgrade resulted in the hung process. See post Document URLs invalid in 6.1 for details. When I subsequently retry the upgrade, I get the "Unknown column 'folderId' in 'field list'" exception.

Did you get a solution to this... I am stuck at the same situtation

Thanks

-Suchit