Foros de discusión

Route CSS Through Apache

Chintan Akhani, modificado hace 11 años.

Route CSS Through Apache

Regular Member Mensajes: 111 Fecha de incorporación: 13/03/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi All,

I am facing css issue while routing it through apache server. It seems like that issue is because so many css classes have dynamic path for images and it contains "@theme_image_path@" and I believe because of that css are not getting loaded properly. Please provide your view on Same.

Thanks,
Chintan
thumbnail
Ritabrata Mukherjee, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Route CSS Through Apache

New Member Mensajes: 21 Fecha de incorporación: 12/03/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi Chintan,
Did you find any solution for this issue ?

Thanks,
Rito
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
The CSS in your theme is yours to edit and change to remove the references, just replace with the correct value and you can move it back to apache.
thumbnail
Ritabrata Mukherjee, modificado hace 9 años.

New Member Mensajes: 21 Fecha de incorporación: 12/03/14 Mensajes recientes
Thanks for the reply David. The errors I get are from the Liferay default themes 'classic' and 'control_panel'. Should I change those CSS files manually, or are there any locations in Liferay where the parsed 'final' CSS are present - which I can copy over to the web server.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
You'd have to modify them, probably through a hook.

But you need to ask yourself whether you really want to go down this path. You can front the static files w/ apache httpd, but maintaining it is a nightmare. When you deploy a theme to Liferay, you also have to copy the static files to the appropriate path on the web server, and this is pretty much a manual process.

I think the better approach these days is to use varnish or mod_cache. That way your single deployments work and you can still leverage caching to improve return speed...