Foros de discusión

liferay logo - too big after change

Christoph Kornek, modificado hace 15 años.

liferay logo - too big after change

New Member Mensajes: 9 Fecha de incorporación: 13/10/08 Mensajes recientes
I changed the liferay logo and substituted it using the admin portlet - unfortunately I didn't check the new logo's size before changing and now the new one is so big that it fills the whole portal site. In addition I cannot change the logo anymore because the setting tab in the admin portlet is not visible due to the logo size. Sounds silly, I know, but have a look at the attached picture...

Does anyone have an idea how I can reset or remove the logo without using the admin portlet?

Thanks in advance!

Christoph
Jeff Williams, modificado hace 15 años.

RE: liferay logo - too big after change

Regular Member Mensajes: 107 Fecha de incorporación: 15/07/08 Mensajes recientes
I did this very same thing once. What I did was to tab through admin page till I was able to hit return on the button to change it to a normal sized logo.
thumbnail
Wilson Man, modificado hace 15 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 581 Fecha de incorporación: 21/06/06 Mensajes recientes
ha, interesting ...

I think what you can do is use Firefox along with a plugin called Firebug. Firebug allows you to edit the CSS dynamically. So i think you should be able to change the logo's CSS property to "display: none;" and then you can click on the settings to fix it.

hope that helps.
Christoph Kornek, modificado hace 15 años.

New Member Mensajes: 9 Fecha de incorporación: 13/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Thanks a lot for your advise! After a while of frustration I just reinstalled liferay (I used a virtual appliance within vmware, so it was just a 15 minute job). Also my customizing of liferay wasn't yet very extensive at this moment.

Anyway, next time I will try your hints.

Thanks again,

Christoph