Foros de discusión

SQL server database no tables and data

thumbnail
Hery Sutanto, modificado hace 11 años.

SQL server database no tables and data

Junior Member Mensajes: 81 Fecha de incorporación: 4/06/12 Mensajes recientes
I have managed to established connection using SQL server....
but unfortunately there are no table created when I check the database.... in some article someone mention to use script to pre-create the table....
still there is no data in the table... while using MySql I can see the data...

Is anyone encounter similar issue as above?

Regards,

Hery
thumbnail
Jan van der Kaaden, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: SQL server database no tables and data

Junior Member Mensajes: 28 Fecha de incorporación: 20/03/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Hery,
I have Liferay 6.1 6.0 and 5.2 running with SQL server. Can you tell how you connect to the database and if there is any logging when you startup Liferay?

Regards,
Jan
thumbnail
Brian Scott Schupbach, modificado hace 11 años.

Expert Mensajes: 329 Fecha de incorporación: 23/10/08 Mensajes recientes
When you startup the server take a look at the log...by default it will be an HSQL database. If you really are connected to the database a script will run when the portal is starting and insert tables/data. So, my guess is that you are still using the HSQL database and are not connected to your database.
thumbnail

Brian Scott Schupbach:
When you startup the server take a look at the log...by default it will be an HSQL database. If you really are connected to the database a script will run when the portal is starting and insert tables/data. So, my guess is that you are still using the HSQL database and are not connected to your database.

Hi Brian,

Yeah I am aware of that... Hitoshi told me previously to rename the 'hsql' folder into something else then liferay will create a new one... and yes indeed I did renamed the folder again and with connection string to sql server but it doesn't create a new 'hsql' folder while if I didn't set up any sql server connection string.... the folder will be created and any previous changes that I have done before are not there

Regards,

Hery
thumbnail

Jan van der Kaaden:
Hi Hery,
I have Liferay 6.1 6.0 and 5.2 running with SQL server. Can you tell how you connect to the database and if there is any logging when you startup Liferay?

Regards,
Jan

Hi Jan,

I keep track on the catalina.bat execution... while it's running in command prompt when it hits... portal-ext.properties
previously when there are errors, then there are always exception get load out in command prompt...... jdbc exceptions...

Regards,

Hery
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes

How have you checked if you have established connection when no tables were created and when no data is being inserted?
It seems you really haven't established connection yet.
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:

How have you checked if you have established connection when no tables were created and when no data is being inserted?
It seems you really haven't established connection yet.

When I change the password of my sqlserver connection, it back to the same error.... when I put the correct one it launch the Liferay and also the previous changes that I made while using Hypersonic DB all gone....

Regards,

Hery
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
What does the console say? There should be some messages about connecting to the database.
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:
What does the console say? There should be some messages about connecting to the database.

02:46:31,835 INFO [DialectDetector:80] Determine dialect for Microsoft SQL Serv
er 10
02:46:32,275 INFO [DialectDetector:145] Found dialect com.liferay.portal.dao.or
m.hibernate.SQLServer2008Dialect
Starting Liferay Portal Community Edition 6.1.0 CE (Paton / Build 6100 / January
6, 2012)
02:47:56,006 INFO [BaseDB:409] Database does not support case sensitive queries

That's all that I got from the log

Regards,

Hery
thumbnail

Seems liferay 6.1.0 CE has a bug with SQL Server. Try using 6.0.6.

http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-24850
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Hery Sutanto:
I have managed to established connection using SQL server, but unfortunately there are no table created when I check the database

Verify that you're using the jdts driver for SQL server access (that's the best one for pointing Liferay at SQL server).

Verify that the credentials you're using to connect to the database have the appropriate permissions to create and alter tables and insert/update/delete data (DBA privileges are the easiest way to assign necessary permissions).
thumbnail

David H Nebinger:
Hery Sutanto:
I have managed to established connection using SQL server, but unfortunately there are no table created when I check the database

Verify that you're using the jdts driver for SQL server access (that's the best one for pointing Liferay at SQL server).

Verify that the credentials you're using to connect to the database have the appropriate permissions to create and alter tables and insert/update/delete data (DBA privileges are the easiest way to assign necessary permissions).

Hi David,

Yes I have verified the permission, the account has sysadmin role.... another things that is weird is that any changes that I made got stored somewhere, when I restart Liferay after I have made changes, the changes remain there...

but checking the table in the sql server, all is empty....

Regards,

Hery
thumbnail

Hi everyone,

It turns out Liferay did create table but in master database, that's because the default database of that particular user is master.
After I change the default database of the user into lportal it works out fine emoticon

Thanks all,

Hery
thumbnail

Nice to hear that it's working OK now. You really go me perplex on this one. :-)
thumbnail
Raja Datla, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 22/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Hery Sutanto:
Hi everyone,

It turns out Liferay did create table but in master database, that's because the default database of that particular user is master.
After I change the default database of the user into lportal it works out fine emoticon

Thanks all,

Hery

Oh my!!! I just went mad until I've seen this! thanks dude! emoticon