Foros de discusión

Installing portlets locally in liferay 6.1.1 (without marketplace)

Front Line, modificado hace 11 años.

Installing portlets locally in liferay 6.1.1 (without marketplace)

New Member Mensajes: 17 Fecha de incorporación: 15/04/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

How can I install portlets using the old "upload" mechanism from the web gui in liferay 6.1.1? I use the same links in control panel and it just takes me to the marketplace?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Installing portlets locally in liferay 6.1.1 (without marketplace)

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
I'm still testing it out and didn't go through all the features, but this sound like very poor design. All of my users are intranet users without Internet access. Being able to upload portlet from the web browser was one of the major strength.
If I can't do it, I'll just have to put it back in because Marketplace is totally useless to me.
thumbnail
Shinn Lok, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 89 Fecha de incorporación: 14/01/11 Mensajes recientes
Without going into the decision making process, I thought it was transparent on what was going to happen: http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-22718

Well for one I don't follow every jira issue regardimg liferay, and especially not for a 0.0.1 release...
And why on earth has the old functionality been removed completely (the deprecation notice is not the only change in this releasae)? Suddenly in a 0.0.1 release.
If I really can't upload portlet, hook and theme updates directly from the UI this is a horrible, apparently marketing driven, decision.
thumbnail
Shinn Lok, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 89 Fecha de incorporación: 14/01/11 Mensajes recientes
Sorry, I linked the JIRA ticket as a reference hopefully bringing more light to the issue. From the ticket, the warnings of future deprecation were there in the major release 6.1.0 CE GA1. I think the gui functionality (along with the warning) was left in the release as a means to install portlets before Marketplace was ready. These are my guesses on what happened as I don't have the details of the exact reasons.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
I think the gui functionality (along with the warning) was left in the release as a means to install portlets before Marketplace was ready. These are my guesses on what happened as I don't have the details of the exact reasons.

Well, we don't have Internet connection on liferay servers. What's the alternative to installing plugins besides using ftp to copy file to the deploy directory. Is there something like setting up local Marketplace on the local liferay server?

BTW, that's a bug! It shouldn't be displaying a depreciation message when the feature has already been dropped!
thumbnail

Without going into the decision making process, I thought it was transparent on what was going to happen: http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-22718

Yes, adding depreciation notices are good, but depreciation notices are shown BEFORE the functionalities are actually dropped. Where are the functionalities that used to be there?
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1519 Fecha de incorporación: 7/08/06 Mensajes recientes
Sure there was a notice in 6.1.0 that the plugin installer will be deprecated by Marketplace but I don't think anyone including myself thought that that functionality would be completely dropped. I'm just wondering how are the people that use local software catalog to distribute their private portlets are now supposed to install those plugins.

"Buy the EE version" probably...

Do I need to buy the EE version before someone actually acknowledges that this change is real and made on purpose, and maybe elaborates on why on earth this change was made?
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1519 Fecha de incorporación: 7/08/06 Mensajes recientes
I haven't gotten an official statement from our product management but currently it looks like it was accidentally removed. Actually the functionality should still be there but it's just hidden. I'll let you know when I hear more.

Ok, thanks.

It would also be nice to now if the feature is eventually meant to be removed completely (hopefully not)
thumbnail

It's confirmed it was accidentally hidden and we will be releasing soon an app in Marketplace to reenable it. If I understood correctly it is only deprecated in sense that the Liferay.com plugin catalog is replaced by Marketplace. You can still continue to use your own plugin catalogs.

Great news.

Kiitokset emoticon
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Front Line:
Great news.

Kiitokset emoticon

Here's the ticket to watch (and a screenshot). Should be in soon, thanks to Ryan Park (and thanks to you all for the feedback!)
thumbnail

Thanks Miko, James, and Ryan. Will keep watch on the LPS.

Just wondering if the source will also be available. If it will be, will it be in the war file and in github?
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Hitoshi Ozawa:

Just wondering if the source will also be available. If it will be, will it be in the war file and in github?

Here ya go: https://github.com/liferay/liferay-plugins/tree/master/hooks/private-plugin-installer-hook

And it'll be in the plugin too.
thumbnail

Thanks, just could't wait until the plugin got released from the Marketplace.
Eric Goldman, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 5 Fecha de incorporación: 2/05/12 Mensajes recientes
James Falkner:
Hitoshi Ozawa:

When will the plug-in be available in the Marketplace?

Thanks!
thumbnail

Eric Goldman:
James Falkner:
Hitoshi Ozawa:

Thanks!

Soon. Like, in the next day or two. Mika also attached a binary of the app for the impatient.

Well, considering we are staging LR GA2 for deployment in 2 weeks (there were some bug fixes we needed) and now we can't deploy themes or hooks locally except through the deploy directory, I needed to get something out pretty quick.

We downloaded and built it but got the following error on trying to deploy:

13:38:05,251 INFO [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][AutoDeployDir:182] Processing private-plugin-installer-hook-6.2.0.1.war. This is attempt 9.
13:38:05,252 INFO [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][HookAutoDeployListener:48] Copying hook plugin for /opt/liferay/deploy/private-plugin-installer-hook-6.2.0.1.war
13:38:05,252 INFO [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][BaseDeployer:763] Deploying private-plugin-installer-hook-6.2.0.1.war
13:38:05,252 ERROR [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][AutoDeployDir:210] com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: private-plugin-installer-hook-6.2.0.1.war does not support this version of Liferay
com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: private-plugin-installer-hook-6.2.0.1.war does not support this version of Liferay
at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.autoDeploy(BaseDeployer.java:201)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.HookAutoDeployListener.deploy(HookAutoDeployListener.java:51)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.processFile(AutoDeployDir.java:193)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.scanDirectory(AutoDeployDir.java:235)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner.run(AutoDeployScanner.java:54)
Caused by: com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: private-plugin-installer-hook-6.2.0.1.war does not support this version of Liferay
at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.deployFile(BaseDeployer.java:795)
at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.autoDeploy(BaseDeployer.java:198)
... 4 more
13:38:05,252 INFO [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][AutoDeployDir:216] Add private-plugin-installer-hook-6.2.0.1.war to the blacklist

So it is telling us even though we built it with GA2 that it does not support this version of Liferay (as I looked at it again - are we pulling from the wrong branch as it is building as 6.2.0.1??), plus what is the blacklist that it is now on and how will we clear it from there once we figure this out?

Thanks!
thumbnail

Did you use the war I built or did you build it yourself? I'm looking at the one I built and it seems to have correct version 6.1.1.1 but the one you are deploying has 6.2.0.1 which would suggest to me that it was built against 6.2.x and not 6.1.x.

Yup, that's what happened. As soon as I posted the errors I noticed it and went back to my developer.
No, we built it before you posted yours today.
He rebuilt another from the right branch and it worked.
Thanks for the info on the blacklist issue. Looks like we are good to go.

Thanks all!
thumbnail

Eric Goldman:
Well, considering we are staging LR GA2 for deployment in 2 weeks (there were some bug fixes we needed) and now we can't deploy themes or hooks locally except through the deploy directory, I needed to get something out pretty quick.

We downloaded and built it but got the following error on trying to deploy:

So it is telling us even though we built it with GA2 that it does not support this version of Liferay (as I looked at it again - are we pulling from the wrong branch as it is building as 6.2.0.1??), plus what is the blacklist that it is now on and how will we clear it from there once we figure this out?

Thanks!

Yeah, you built the trunk version - that is targeted at 6.2 (which does not exist as a release yet). You need to take the version from the 6.1.x branch - Notice the liferay-plugin-package.properties declares it to be compatible with 6.1.1.

Or just grab the one that Mika posted in the ticket. To clear the blacklist, you can just restart the server.
thumbnail
Brian Kim, modificado hace 11 años.

Expert Mensajes: 311 Fecha de incorporación: 17/08/04 Mensajes recientes
James Falkner:

Eric Goldman:

Thanks!

Soon. Like, in the next day or two. Mika also attached a binary of the app for the impatient.

Update: today or tomorrow.
thumbnail

Brian Kim:
James Falkner:

Eric Goldman:

Thanks!

Update: today or tomorrow.

It's on the marketplace now. Enjoy!
Pedro Salirrosas, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 13/06/13 Mensajes recientes
hi!

I've installed private-plugin-installer-hook-6.1.1.1.war at liferay 6.1.1 successfully but when I upload my portlet I can't see it to add on a page. Someone has the same problem? how could resolved it?