Foros de discusión

Complete list of Message Board features

thumbnail
Brad Cumiskey, modificado hace 11 años.

Complete list of Message Board features

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 2/05/12 Mensajes recientes
In looking into the requirements for a message board on a Liferay 6.1 deployment, we are trying to source a complete list of features/functionality available in an out-of-the-box deployment of the 6.1 message board.

From the product listing, we know we can expect activity statistics, recent posts, subscribe to threads via RSS and reply to threads by email. And we can gleam functionality from the liferay site forum itself. But what about a complete list of everything else, include administrative features?

Is there a "What's Going On" section similar to what recent vBulliten installations offer. What about a thankyou/usefullness voting system (Yelp style or otherwise). or sticky thread administrative configurations, icon sets, etc.

If a comprehensive list exists great, otherwise maybe we can build a bit of a feature matrix comparing the message board features available in Liferay vs the other major forum players recent releases such as Vanilla, vBulliten or bbPress.
thumbnail
Brad Cumiskey, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Complete list of Message Board features

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 2/05/12 Mensajes recientes
I did find this site which does offer some good level of detail on all the other products:

http://www.forum-software.org/forum-comparator/ipboard-vs-joomla-forum-vs-phpbb3-vs-vbulletin4

But Liferay isn't included in the list. The Features/Technical specs section (1/2 down) is the information I'm looking for.
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Complete list of Message Board features

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2871 Fecha de incorporación: 31/08/06 Mensajes recientes
Hey Brad,

Sorry for the late reply. I've looked at the list and one thing I've noticed is that many of those "forum features" are actually not directly related to forums but generic to many types of web applications. Examples of this are user management, polls, private messages, ... In the case of Liferay you will never see this listed as part of its forum functionalities even if Liferay does have all of those features and in some cases, such a user management, in a much more powerful way than any forum software I know thanks to the Portal heritage.

What I would recommend you to look at the Features and Tech Specs for all of Liferay Portal and then complement with the user guide and specifically the chapter for the forum (aka message boards portlet)