Foros de discusión

Staging mode and page permissions - can't get it to work

Thomas Kellerer, modificado hace 15 años.

Staging mode and page permissions - can't get it to work

Expert Mensajes: 490 Fecha de incorporación: 9/06/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I turned on staging for my community (Liferay 5.1.1) and I'm now trying to define permissions for a newly created page.

So from within the "Manage Pages" I clicked on "View pages" and then created my new page.
I added the portlet I wanted and changed the permissions to only allow users with a specific community role to view the page.
In "preview" mode (with the big red border) the permissions were shown correctly.

Then from within the "Manage pages" page (still in preview mode) I selected "Publish to live". The popup showed me my new page, and in the Options tab I included all permissions to be published.

After the page was copied I logged out, closed the browser, re-opened the browser and opened the (public) startpage of my community.

Guess what: the newly added page which should only be visible to certain logged-in users was already displayed for the guest user.

After logging in and going to the manage pages (using the community portlet) I checked the page permissions and they clearly show that only a specific community role may see the page. No guest or something similar.

So what am I missing here?

How can I define page permissions while staging is activated?

Currently my workaround is to disable staging, then change the page permissions, then re-enable staging again.
But that can't be the solution

Thomas

RE: Staging mode and page permissions - can't get it to work

I can't believe no one has used the staging feature before...

There must be users who have successfully "staged" the permissions of the pages, or is this simply not working?
Am I asking too much?
na na, modificado hace 15 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 94 Fecha de incorporación: 29/04/08 Mensajes recientes
I had use staging on liferay 5.1.2. So far the permission will always reset back to owner and guest. Also document library and journals also won't work in staging.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sounds like another half-finished feature emoticon

I found this issue:
http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LEP-6973
nidhi singh, modificado hace 15 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 57 Fecha de incorporación: 29/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

i am using 5.1.2, in this i enable staging.

whenever i publish to live page, i get option and scheduler option.

i change start date of publishing in scheduler, page is not published.

whenever i don't use scheduler in publishing page, page is published.

scheduler is not working in 5.1.2 and 5.2.0.

is it bug?

please reply me.

thanks in anticipation
Nidhi singh
Dana Oredson, modificado hace 15 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 70 Fecha de incorporación: 14/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Thomas Kellerer:
I can't believe no one has used the staging feature before...

There must be users who have successfully "staged" the permissions of the pages, or is this simply not working?
Am I asking too much?

I'm in the same boat that you are.

I have a site, with staging enabled and have some pages that should only show for users with certain roles. The site is currently running 5.1.1, unfortunately, and has been upgraded from 4.3.x, so there is some old junk in there (I have to use algorithm 2 or NOTHING works).

I've downloaded 5.2.2 and I see that publishing the permissions on a page to live appears to be working, so that is an option, but it will be a painful upgrade if there is no upgrade tool for the old crufty algorithm 2 people.

If there were a patch to 5.1.1 that resolved the permissions and an upgrade script so I could work using algorithm 5, I would be happy.

Does anyone know if there is a migration path to 5.2.x that will make it easy to switch to the algorithm 5 (RBAC) yet?