Foros de discusión

What does "book" in Liferay's terminology mean?

RAS MAXIM, modificado hace 11 años.

What does "book" in Liferay's terminology mean?

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 25/09/12 Mensajes recientes
Hello everyone, recently I've been reading Liferay's documentation and came across this term. It can be found here: http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/development/-/ai/service-build-2 (Generate the Service section). I searched for this term on the Internet, but found nothing. Is that Liferay's own terminology or am I missing something? If it's the former, could you please give a closest analog of this term? If it's the latter, I would also like to know more. Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: What does "book" in Liferay's terminology mean?

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
RAS MAXIM:
Hello everyone, recently I've been reading Liferay's documentation and came across this term. It can be found here: http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/development/-/ai/service-build-2 (Generate the Service section). I searched for this term on the Internet, but found nothing. Is that Liferay's own terminology or am I missing something? If it's the former, could you please give a closest analog of this term? If it's the latter, I would also like to know more. Thanks in advance.

The term "Book" is just used as an example name for an entity that you can create using ServiceBuilder. It has no special meaning in the Liferay context...
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1519 Fecha de incorporación: 7/08/06 Mensajes recientes
Book is a book. You know the thing with pages and text. emoticon Yeah like James said it has no special meaning it's just an example entity.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Mika Koivisto:
Book is a book. You know the thing with pages and text. emoticon

Are they still making those? Ugh, so passe...
RAS MAXIM, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 25/09/12 Mensajes recientes
Thank you all, that helped a lot. At first I thought it was a reserved name for tables or something like that. Now the things are clear.