Foros de discusión

How to configure Outlook in liferay

thumbnail
zahid khan, modificado hace 15 años.

How to configure Outlook in liferay

Regular Member Mensajes: 116 Fecha de incorporación: 30/07/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi all ,

i want to know how to configure Outlook in liferay, is there any set up or configuration for that.

and do we have any thing similar to outlook in liferay by default which we can use to send/receive user mails.

waiting for a reply .

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Chirag Suthar, modificado hace 15 años.

RE: How to configure Outlook in liferay

Junior Member Mensajes: 41 Fecha de incorporación: 10/01/08 Mensajes recientes
Zahid,

As per my knowledge you cant configure outlook in liferay but yes you can configure mail server i.e :Gmail,Yahoo or any other mail server.
mail portal is available for the same. Only one goal you have to customize mail server in your portal.
In case, you will face any difficulty in configuration then let me know.

I already tried its work perfectly.

Cheers,
Chirag
thumbnail

Regular Member Mensajes: 116 Fecha de incorporación: 30/07/08 Mensajes recientes
hi chirag and thanks for reply.

i have seen that mail portlet. but it says to contact admin for valid mail server configuration when i am loggin in as admin.
And when i login as a user it says to create a email id and register and then the when i log in again()after log out ) with the same user log in it again says " contact admin for valid mail server configuration ".i have configured my gmail account as the mail server in ROOT.xml.

Can u tell me whats wrong in this and what i have to do get it right.

Or else the steps that u have done to use that mail portlet, which u have mentioned thats working fine.
thumbnail

Hi Zahid,
Its permission issue only.My advice is tack a fresh Liferay bundle and short it out the issue.May i know which server combination are you using for your project?

Regards,
thumbnail

I am using tomcat 5.5 and liferay 442.
thumbnail

Zahid,Is your issue solve?
thumbnail

Yes to an extent. i am able to get the mail portlet configuration and make gmail account set up and a new account as well.

But its not showing me the different folders(inbox.outbox etc). It says that it will take few minutes for loading all the folders, but even after a long time nothing happens and it remains in the loading state itself.

Is some thing wrong in the configuration or that its just taking time and will work some time.
thumbnail

Zahid,
Check it your mail portal version if any new version is available then update it out ,may be u can get speedy folder download rate.
I hope that u know how to update any portal.
All the best
Ratnamala Mehetre, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 23 Fecha de incorporación: 8/07/10 Mensajes recientes
In Liferay 6.1, we can configure Liferay email portlet for out Outlook account also.