Foros de discusión

Installing Liferay 6.1 EE GA2 on Glassfish 3.1.2.2 cluster

Rob Hall, modificado hace 11 años.

Installing Liferay 6.1 EE GA2 on Glassfish 3.1.2.2 cluster

Junior Member Mensajes: 47 Fecha de incorporación: 30/11/11 Mensajes recientes
I'm working on installing Liferay 6.1 EE GA2 on a licensed Glassfish 3.1.2.2 cluster (not the Glassfish bundle).

The Liferay instructions for this (link below) appear to be out of date..
http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide/-/ai/lp-6-1-ugen11-installing-liferay-on-glassfish-3-0

As these instructions reference patches GLASSFISH-17242 and GRIZZY-1060, but the LR 6.1 EE GA2 source I've downloaded has GLASSFISH-18444 as the only included patch in the location referenced in the instructions.

I downloaded the LR 6.1 EE GA1 source distro and found both the GLASSFISH-17242 and GRIZZY-1060 patches.

Since I'm working w/ LR 6.1 EE GA2 do I need to do anything with these patches? And what about the patch GLASSFISH-18444 that comes w/ the GA2 source distro?

Are there more current instructions for search an install available?
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Installing Liferay 6.1 EE GA2 on Glassfish 3.1.2.2 cluster

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 3089 Fecha de incorporación: 28/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Mmm AFAIK all errors got solved in last version.

Did you have any problems while deploying it?
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 3089 Fecha de incorporación: 28/10/08 Mensajes recientes
In fact those glassfish errors should be solved in 3.1.2.2 (probably even in 3.1.2 or 3.1.1)

Thanks,

That is good to know.

I haven't installed Liferay to my cluster yet, I was just looking for some updated installation instructions applicable to LR 6.1 EE GA2 and Glassfish 3.1.2.2, as the instructions on the Liferay site seem to be out of date.
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Rob Hall:
Thanks,

That is good to know.

I haven't installed Liferay to my cluster yet, I was just looking for some updated installation instructions applicable to LR 6.1 EE GA2 and Glassfish 3.1.2.2, as the instructions on the Liferay site seem to be out of date.

Yeah I can confirm that all those patches referenced in the official docs are unnecessary with 3.1.2.2! I'll ping the docs team and see if we can get some mods to the docs to make it more obvious the patches aren't needed after a certain version.

'I've been able to successfully install Liferay 6.1 EE GA2 (non bundled) to a Glassfish 3 cluster, but now have the challenge of deploying themes, portlets, etc to Liferay in this cluster.

Unfortunately, Install More Portlets' button is gone with GA 2 on the Control Panel. I've downloaded the 'Private Plugin Installer' from the Liferay market place...but how to install into LR on a Glassfish cluster...?

Edit: I've seen in other threads why 'Install More Portlets' is missing. However, the Marketplace is not in the 6.1 EE GA2 instance I'm using.

Putting war files in the deploy folder of each node doesn't seem to work (even w/ auto.deploy.enabled set to true and the deploy folder set in portal-ext.properties of each node.

Are there any instructions on how to do this? --i.e. deploy portlets, themes, etc to Liferay 6.1 EE GA2 on a Glassfish cluster? It seems Glassfish is deploying the war files, but Liferay isn't picking them up.
Airat Khafizov, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 11/10/11 Mensajes recientes
Good morning. I have the same problem. I have no problem portal deployed in glassfish cluster, but I can not even deploy a simple portlet. Have you found a solution?

Ps Sorry for my english.
thumbnail

First you need Liferay to "transform" the original WAR to be deployable by glassfish, so this is what I am doing:

1-Deploy your portlet in a tomcat server.
2-Enter your exploded portlet in <TOMCAT>/webapps/<your_portlet>. Compress that as ZIP file, but using .war extension.
3-Deploy that war to your cluster.