Foros de discusión

How do I install an lpkg file?

Kevin Thorpe, modificado hace 11 años.

How do I install an lpkg file?

New Member Mensajes: 13 Fecha de incorporación: 9/08/12 Mensajes recientes
Sorry, I know I'm being an idiot but once I have an lpkg file how do I deploy it?

I tried dropping it in the deploy directory like I would with a WAR file but it didn't seem to see it.
thumbnail
Mehdi norouzi, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: How do I install an lpkg file?

New Member Mensajes: 20 Fecha de incorporación: 18/07/06 Mensajes recientes
Hi
you can install by putting this file in Hotdeploy directory, but if it doesn't work properly, you can extract file with winzip , winrar or something like that, the war file is inside.
maybe need some configuration on portet
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Are you using liferay 6.1.1 GA2? Is there some message when you drop the file in the deploy directory or does the file just sit there.
renith r, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 14/01/13 Mensajes recientes
nice and greatfull information
V Engels, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 22/01/13 Mensajes recientes
the file sits there. buying a app in marketplays says "download" and then never ending "please wait" (think no proxysettings), but doesnt work.
How can I deplay this lpkg -File by hand?
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
V Engels:
the file sits there. buying a app in marketplays says "download" and then never ending "please wait" (think no proxysettings), but doesnt work.
How can I deplay this lpkg -File by hand?

You can copy the .lpkg file into your Liferay "hot deploy" directory. You can obtain the .lpkg file using your browser, by logging into liferay.com and going to Places -> User Profile -> App Manager and clicking "Downloads" next to the app.
Jon Lamb, modificado hace 9 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 21/10/14 Mensajes recientes
Why do they make this so difficult...
thumbnail
Patrick Wolf, modificado hace 9 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 127 Fecha de incorporación: 15/09/10 Mensajes recientes

An « lpkg » file is a compressed package containing one or several « war » files. It deploys like any « war » file. You copy and paste the « lpkg » file in the deploy directory of your application server as you are used to doing it for a « war » file. Nothing complicated. If you wish to look at the content of the « lpkg » file before installing it, you can do it with the command line:
unzip -l <name-of-file>.lpkg</name-of-file>
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 978 Fecha de incorporación: 3/01/10 Mensajes recientes
When over the WAN, I generally put deployables into a 'deploy_tmp' folder and then when transfer complete I move into the deploy folder. If on *nix you can create a convenience script to move .war and .lpkg from deploy_tmp folder to deploy folder; I do this so it doesn't start deploying before transfer is complete

Jon Lamb:

You are either forum or against 'em emoticon
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Jon Lamb:

Ha, you guys fell for this first post flame bait... emoticon
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 978 Fecha de incorporación: 3/01/10 Mensajes recientes
David H Nebinger:
Jon Lamb:

Ha, you guys fell for this first post flame bait... emoticon

Instead of fall, I prefer the word Autumn where at least in my neck of the woods the trees are beautifully on fire. Heal David, heel. emoticon