Foros de discusión

jsessionid management

sameer danthurthy, modificado hace 15 años.

jsessionid management

New Member Mensajes: 5 Fecha de incorporación: 16/05/07 Mensajes recientes
Hello:
I have been having issue with liferay 5.1 jboss/tomcat bundle and jsessionid.

The website is multilingual and using the language portlet the user can choose the right language, however using a cookie disabled browser the site get randomly displays pages in other languages. On further investigation it looks like the jsessionid is also shared among multiple users. I would think the sessionid would be unique. The links sometimes have jsessionid appended to thr URI and other times not. I enabled requestdumper in Jboss and clearly see that the server honors requestedSessionId overiding the language set in the session. Please suggest where to start.

Thanks
Sameer
thumbnail
Jonas Yuan, modificado hace 14 años.

RE: jsessionid management

Liferay Master Mensajes: 993 Fecha de incorporación: 27/04/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi Sameer,

Do you get the issue solved?

You may try this

in portal-ext.properties, set

# Set this to true to enable sessions when cookies are disabled. See LEP-4787. This behavior is configurable because enabling it can break certain setups.

session.enable.url.with.session.id=false

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Jonas Yuan
thumbnail
Jignesh Vachhani, modificado hace 14 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 803 Fecha de incorporación: 10/03/08 Mensajes recientes
Jonas

I already set this property but then also it is showing me the session id at first time after that when i click to any other pages then it will not come.

SO can you suggest me what could be the exact problem?
thumbnail
Wilson Man, modificado hace 14 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 581 Fecha de incorporación: 21/06/06 Mensajes recientes
this is something that's happening in JBoss and somewhat outside of Liferay's control.
You can take a look at this possible workaround though:
http://www.liferay.com/web/david.truong/blog/-/blogs/my-new-obsession:-seo-and-liferay
thumbnail
Jignesh Vachhani, modificado hace 14 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 803 Fecha de incorporación: 10/03/08 Mensajes recientes
Now It is working fine for me.
Yan Naing Oo, modificado hace 12 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 179 Fecha de incorporación: 17/02/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Jonas,

How could I hide/show jsessionid is it like true/false in portal-ext properties ?

session.enable.url.with.session.id=false -- hide
session.enable.url.with.session.id=true -- show

if it is correct how is the Impact in hide and show for the whole portal ?

thanks

Jonas Yuan:
Hi Sameer,

You may try this

# Set this to true to enable sessions when cookies are disabled. See LEP-4787. This behavior is configurable because enabling it can break certain setups.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Jonas Yuan
thumbnail
Ankit A Lakum, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 7 Fecha de incorporación: 24/11/09 Mensajes recientes
It is generating different cookies for different urls that's why put false

For More details look see below

you need to look for is PortalRequest

just place into your tomcat's etc/server.xml line
<Service name="Catalina" className="com.liferay.support.tomcat.core.PortalStandardService">
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yan Naing Oo:
Hi Jonas,

How could I hide/show jsessionid is it like true/false in portal-ext properties ?

session.enable.url.with.session.id=false -- hide
session.enable.url.with.session.id=true -- show

if it is correct how is the Impact in hide and show for the whole portal ?

thanks

Jonas Yuan:
Hi Sameer,

You may try this

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Jonas Yuan