Foros de discusión

Multiple pages in single portlet- Page Navigation

Priyanka Kolee, modificado hace 11 años.

Multiple pages in single portlet- Page Navigation

New Member Mensajes: 4 Fecha de incorporación: 31/12/12 Mensajes recientes
I have created a Liferay Porject with Vaadin, in init() have some label. Want to add a button so as to move to another page(created via Vaadin composite)
I have 4 pages in my portlet, how can I navigate to new page in vaadin. Using Liferay Portal to deploy it.

My aim is to create a multipage portlet and move back and forth amongst pages maintaining the state.
Please guide.

-Priyanka
thumbnail
Rewati Raman, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Multiple pages in single portlet- Page Navigation

Junior Member Mensajes: 97 Fecha de incorporación: 24/02/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi Priyanka

I tried to create portlet using vaadin but i was not successful.
If possible give me steps how to create Vaadin portlet and if possible give me smaple vaadin portlet.

Thanks & Regards,
Rewati Raman

Follow the steps in http://www.packtpub.com/article/vaadin-portlets-liferay-user-interface-development.
https://vaadin.com/book/-/page/intro.walkthrough.html will also help.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Multiple pages in single portlet- Page Navigation (Respuesta)

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14918 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Vaadin doesn't really use a concept of a 'page'. Instead, they use components, and you control which components are displayed.

To switch 'pages', you're basically changing the root component (usually a layout). If you build composite components, it's pretty easy to swap one out for another.

Thanks David.
I have created n layouts for n pages and setting the content of window to nth layout to display nth page.

Another question, I submitted my form on button click. I wish to do this AJAX way, without submitting the whole page. How to do this?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14918 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
If you're using Vaadin, then it automatically is submitted by ajax; that's the nature of vaadin.

Note that with the upcoming release of vaadin 7 there's a new navigation framework which may address having to change the content on the main page. Waiting for the final vaadin 7 (w/ tested liferay support) before I dive into that pool, though, so at this point all I have is general direction knowledge.