Foros de discusión

Liferay 5.1.2 on tomcat 6.0.36

Radhakrishna Meduri, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay 5.1.2 on tomcat 6.0.36

New Member Mensajes: 22 Fecha de incorporación: 5/12/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Friends,

initially by different engineer, have deployed liferay 5.1.2 on tomcat 6.0.18 version. But we are planning to upgrade tomcat 6.0.36 now. We don't have any documents on how initial deploy was done.
Also i am not getting proper documents on how to proceed with liferay.
Please provide me exact steps on how to move from 6.0.18 to 6.0.36 version.

your help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Radhakrishna
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Liferay 5.1.2 on tomcat 6.0.36

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
I think liferay 5.1.2 is no longer supported by liferay.com and if you don't have any document on how your installation was done, there's not going to be anybody else who'll know how it was done either. You installation of liferay may have been directly modified and there may be some other custom settings - probably better to restart from a fresh liferay 6 install or to keep the existing system as it is.

Thanks Hitoshi for your quick reply.
going with fresh install is big task for us now. if you can share how to go with liferay 6 with new tomcat version 6.0.36, i will try to think about it.
But if you can suggest, how to proceed with same liferay version, it will be very helpful.

-Radhakrishna

can somebody reply on this.
your input is very much appreciated.

Thanks
Radhakrishna
thumbnail
Alok Sharma, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 15/02/13 Mensajes recientes
Assuming Liferay 5.1.2 is bundled with tomcat 6.0.18.
You can use whatever version of tomcat is bundled with liferay5.1.2
Here are the steps :
1. Make a copy of tomcat 6.0.18 , let it be “tomcat 6.0.18_copy”
2. Copy the content of Tomcat 6.0.36/bin, Tomcat 6.0.36/lib, Tomcat 6.0.36/conf and Tomcat 6.0.36/webapps to respective folders of tomcat 6.0.18_copy(just override the existing ones and do not remove anyone from there).
3. Now go to tomcat 6.0.16/lib/ext folder and copy all jars and paste them to tomcat 6.0.18_copy/lib folder (this will enable the catalina engine to find the required jars).
4. Start up the server
You will get Tomcat 6.0.36 running on your machine having a folder name tomcat 6.0.18_copy.

Hi Alok

Thanks for your reply.
I think my earlier colleague, created tomcat bundle ( not sure). I have bundle apache-tomcat-6.0.18.tar.gz file with liferay.
I directory copied all the files to tomcat 6.0.36 directory. Do you think it is right way?

Also regarding your suggestion,
in 6.0.18/bin - there are no files
but in 6.0.36/bin - many files are there.

I am having doubt whether we can copy all the files to 6.0.18 liferay bundle. could you please suggest?

Thanks
Radhakrishna
thumbnail
Alok Sharma, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 15/02/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi RadhaKrishna,
I was not notified by liferay for getting a response on my post , so I am huge late here.
Referring to your question,
"Also regarding your suggestion,
in 6.0.18/bin - there are no files
but in 6.0.36/bin - many files are there.
"
It is never like you have tomcat with nothing in bin folder, bin contains all executable files needed to run a server on windows as you can see in tomcat 6.0.36.
MIght be someone have done a custom configuration for your liferay setup if it is running with nothing in the bin folder, those executables must reside somewhere.
Anyways what i mentioned in the previous post of mine is the result of my research over liferay setup as we were also with the same requirement of migrating liferay to
Tomcat6.0.36 because of security issues.

" I am having doubt whether we can copy all the files to 6.0.18 liferay bundle. could you please suggest? "
As an answer to this i will say "just give a try to what i mentioned and check if your setup works fine, if it then proceed" because I am assuming a default setup of liferay bundled with tomcat.