Foros de discusión

Inherited Roles for Sites

thumbnail
Blake Jones, modificado hace 11 años.

Inherited Roles for Sites

Junior Member Mensajes: 39 Fecha de incorporación: 17/08/12 Mensajes recientes
I have a question about Inherited Roles for Sites.

My company has Liferay 6.1.1 tomcat bundle with Social Office 2.0 Community Edition.

I created a homepage called "lportal", there are several sites that were created from the "lportal" site, as a result of this hierarchy structure any user who is a member of a site created from the "lportal" homepage automatically inherits Administrator Permissions.

Users have more Permissions then they should, for example their control panel offers them the same level of access as the Administrator, anyone can view CONTROL PANEL Portal and Server.

Through troubleshooting steps, I have removed site memberships to the "lportal" and all sites created from the "lportal", and this removed ADMIN CONTROL PANEL access for basic users.

However the sites created from lportal have a lot of content, and I'm trying to avoid re-creating these sites in a different area of liferay i.e. re-creating the sites from their social office user profile.

IS THERE A WAY TO FIX THE INHERITED ROLES FROM SITES from the homepage? Or will I need to re-create all of those sites in a different location i.e. thier social office profile, so that any members of those sites do not inherit Administrator Rights?

My goal is to take away ADMINISTRATOR Rights, and ADMIN ACCESS to the PORTAL and SERVER sections of the CONTROL PANEL for average users, yet still keep the same sites, content, and memberships.

I have attached some screen shots of what the control panel looks like as the Administrator or if the regular user is a member of the LPORTAL and what the control panel should look like normally (without a membership to lportal), I have also attached some screen shots of the "Inherited Roles" associated with being a member of lportal, and without a membership to lportal there are no inherited roles.
Tamás Erős, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Inherited Roles for Sites

New Member Mensajes: 6 Fecha de incorporación: 16/01/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I have the same problem.
How could you solve the problem?

Bye, Tamás
thumbnail
Blake Jones, modificado hace 9 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 39 Fecha de incorporación: 17/08/12 Mensajes recientes
Tamás Erős:
Hi,

I have the same problem.
How could you solve the problem?

Bye, Tamás

By Default when you install Liferay Portal CE and Social Office, you are required to make and name a portal, for the example above I named the portal "lportal".

When you create sites, it's important to either create individual sites from a Social Office Dashboard / Profile.

Or take a closer look into the permissions.

The issue I was having is if I created a site with Inherited Permissions from LPORTAL all users had too many rights and could see control panel.

To solve this issue I created the Sites Either Using the Social Office Dashboard / Profile, or made sure that the sites I created were not inherited permissions from the Top Level Portal Site I named "lportal"

If you look at the example pictures above I did fix the issue so that only the ADMINS could see all of the control panel, and regular Social Office users could only see a limited amount of the control panel.

It had to do with Inherited Permissions from "lportal" regarding newly created sites, instead of creating sites underneath "lportal", I created the sites separately as "Social Office Sites"

Also make sure the users you want to limit access to the control panel are NOT members of the top level "portal".

Hope this helps
belajar foreximf, modificado hace 9 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 29/04/14 Mensajes recientes
sorry, i haven't used, but i'm trying, thank's for your information.
cara belajar forex