Foros de discusión

Embedding a custom portlet through a hook.

Riley Pickerl, modificado hace 11 años.

Embedding a custom portlet through a hook.

Junior Member Mensajes: 50 Fecha de incorporación: 10/01/13 Mensajes recientes
Hello,
I am wondering how I can embed a custom portlet into a hook of an ootb portlet supplied by liferay.
I have created a hook on the portlet that uploads new documents (edit_file_entry.jsp), I want to embed a new custom portlet here to set role based permissions in this location. My list is so long though that I will have to create a custom interface to select the permissions (instead of the grid).

Is this possible, and if so how do I go about doing this?
I have left a screen shot of where I want to insert a custom portlet.
I do not know how to link to a jsp page that is outside of the ROOT folder.

Thanks,
Riley Pickerl

Archivos adjuntos:

thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Embedding a custom portlet through a hook.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14918 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
You wouldn't embed a portlet (as they are not embeddable). Your hook, however, can adjust the struts flow such that you could have a custom page shown to deal w/ the business logic you want to implement.
Riley Pickerl, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Embedding a custom portlet through a hook.

Junior Member Mensajes: 50 Fecha de incorporación: 10/01/13 Mensajes recientes
Thanks, so you're saying that I have to write the logic into the jsp from the hook? I am only asking because I wanted to use this new permissions functionality in multiple locations but I guess I can create a seperate jsp file and write the logic there and just include the jsp file in the hook and the other locations it is needed.