Foros de discusión

Adapting to another JSR-170 compliant CMS

thumbnail
Channing K Jackson, modificado hace 15 años.

Adapting to another JSR-170 compliant CMS

Junior Member Mensajes: 67 Fecha de incorporación: 13/11/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi there.

I am doing some serious evaluation of Liferay Portal for my company's collaboration suite solution, and we are already heavily using Oracle UCM (formerly Stellent) for both content AND document management capabilities.

Oracle has a JCR Adapter that they say can be configured to work with other applications, and I see that I can configure Liferay to use the com.liferay.documentlibrary.util.JCRHook as the hook into my CMS (as long as that CMS is JCR compliant).

From other digging, I can also see that you have created an interface called "JCRFactory" (com.liferay.portal.jcr.JCRFactory) that, specifically for Jackrabbit is implemented by com.liferay.portal.jcr.jackrabbit.JCRFactoryImpl.

First of all, is it correct to assume that I can build an OracleUCMJCRFactoryImpl and modify the jcr-spring.xml config to have Liferay pick that up as my JCRFactory implementation?

Secondly, what other steps must I take within the Liferay configuration to make sure that hook behaves properly, and Liferay attempts to use my JCR implementation for its content management activities?

Third, what am I missing here? The findings I've described so far are the result of poking around the source code, and all the configuration files I could get my hands on for a couple of hours. I figured I would start asking questions before I got too far down a dead-end path rather than shoot myself in the foot.

Finally, does anyone else have any experience writing a custom hook, and using their chosen CMS's JCR Adapter to tie Liferay into their current incarnation of content management?

One can hope, can't one?
thumbnail

RE: Adapting to another JSR-170 compliant CMS

Why no response? Is this really as unprecedented as I'm lead to believe?
Thomas DELHOMENIE, modificado hace 15 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 12/03/09 Mensajes recientes
I'm sorry, I will not answer your question.
We are using Oracle UCM too and we want to change our portal framework, so an answer to your questions would be very helpful.

Thomas
thumbnail
Rich Sezov, modificado hace 15 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 220 Fecha de incorporación: 7/02/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

A caveat here: I've not done this with Liferay. With that said, yes, you are on the right path. You need to create an EXT environment and provide your own implementation of JCRFactoryImpl. There are only a few methods that are necessary to implement: creating a session, shutting it down, getting the repository, etc. As long as the repository conforms to the JSR-170 standard, this should be all you need to do.

I'm sorry that I can't provide you more information on this; I haven't done it personally, so all I can tell you is that it was designed this way so that you would be able to easily implement your own implementation and let the standard take care of the rest.

Let us know if you have issues.

Thanks!

--Rich
thumbnail

We recently discovered that Oracle JCR Adapter implementation is Level 1 compliant with the JCR spec. That means we can read the repository, but we can't write to it. Pretty useless, and the most frustrating part is that none of the meager Oracle documentation available on JCR had any information about their level of compliance.

We are going to try to use their Content Integration Server (CIS) implementation and implement the Hook interface using CIS. We believe we can still use the Document Library portlet functionality that way, but we won't be adhering to any industry standards.

The more I use anything Oracle (other than their database) the less I like their product suite.
thumbnail
Rich Sezov, modificado hace 15 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 220 Fecha de incorporación: 7/02/07 Mensajes recientes
Yup, that would be the way to go. You can look at our FileSystemHook for an example of a hook that simply goes to the file system, and use that as a pattern.
thumbnail
Antonio Granjo, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensajes: 11 Fecha de incorporación: 21/05/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi, I'm interested in the FileSystemHook example. I think I could use it as example for my project (I'm trying to replace Liferay CMS with Alfresco). Where I can find it?

Thanks a lot for the info! emoticon
thumbnail
Antonio Granjo, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensajes: 11 Fecha de incorporación: 21/05/09 Mensajes recientes
I answer myself: Class com.liferay.documentlibrary.util.FileSystemHook