Foros de discusión

When Liferay 6 ce GA3 will be ready?

thumbnail
Gabriel Bustos Padilla, modificado hace 11 años.

When Liferay 6 ce GA3 will be ready?

Junior Member Mensajes: 63 Fecha de incorporación: 6/03/13 Mensajes recientes
Many plugins are developed for GA1 but not for GA2 emoticon . The community are waiting the new release GA3 for update the plugins. Anybody knows when will be ready this new version?
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: When Liferay 6 ce GA3 will be ready?

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 3089 Fecha de incorporación: 28/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi Gabriel.

What problem do you see? It's possible to install plugins for GA2...
thumbnail

Juan Gonzalez:
Hi Gabriel.

What problem do you see? It's possible to install plugins for GA2...

Hi Juan, this is the portlet that i need to install. The developers of this company are waiting for the Liferay GA3 version to update de GA1 version of this powerful portlet:

http://www.rotterdam-cs.com/-/newsletter-module?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rotterdam-cs.com%2Fsearch%3Fp_p_id%3D3%26p_p_lifecycle%3D0%26p_p_state%3Dmaximized%26p_p_mode%3Dview%26_3_groupId%3D0%26_3_keywords%3Dnewsletter%26_3_struts_action%3D%252Fsearch%252Fsearch%26_3_redirect%3D%252Fprojects%26_3_y%3D-119%26_3_x%3D-1155

best regards
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Gabriel Bustos Padilla:
Many plugins are developed for GA1 but not for GA2 emoticon . The community are waiting the new release GA3 for update the plugins. Anybody knows when will be ready this new version?

Hey Gabriel et al,

As much as I'd like to give some forward-looking guidance (i.e. a date) for 6.1 CE GA3, we're not at a point where it can be estimated with any certainty. Our initial target of Q1 is now in the rear view mirror, and this release (along with an update of EE) are the highest priority as it has a major impact for many Marketplace developers, who found issues with Spring and PACL. PACL in particular has proven to be tough, and it's clear the implementation in GA2 was not quite ready for real world applications involving the kinds of frameworks that developers often use with Liferay, so we're taking extra time with GA3 to make it right (and make the developer experience very very simple). You can see the kind of rework that Ray and team have been doing in this ticket (which is just about complete, with over 100 subtasks).

I know it's very frustrating to be waiting and waiting on releases, without a solid date (or track record to back up such claims). We have some really amazing apps and features that would be awesome to have on the Marketplace, but cannot yet.

The final set of fixes for GA3 are in peer review at this time. Once those are complete, the release will enter at least a 2 week QA cycle. The reason I am hopeful is that now we have a very healthy automated test bed consisting of our automated tests developed by QA, but even more awesome, a set of complex and great apps that are either on the Marketplace now, or queued up, with which to test this and all future releases (it's one of the really big benefits of the Marketplace that hasn't really received much airtime in the community).

So, I appreciate yours and everyone else's patience. The feedback, contributions, and awesome apps we are constantly getting is great, and I hope it continues.
thumbnail

Hi James,

I greatly appreciate your effort, I hope that the new version appears as soon as possible.
Great work!

Best regards