Foros de discusión

Custom fields for tables not on the control panel

Piña Kanpokaldean, modificado hace 11 años.

Custom fields for tables not on the control panel

Junior Member Mensajes: 79 Fecha de incorporación: 14/04/12 Mensajes recientes
I had a little question and I hope somebody can clear it out for me.

I know that, through the control panel, custom fields can be added for some entities (such as users or message boards). This is awesome. However, I was wondering if I can do something like that for other entities that don't show up there.

For instance, the shopping portlet includes a shopping order, which has fields for the addresses on itself. If I want to add an extra field to that address, can I somehow do it so all services for shopping orders get updated? Or do I need to completely overwrite the shopping order services to manually retrieve this field from DB?

Thanks for the help in advance
thumbnail
Apoorva Prakash, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Custom fields for tables not on the control panel

Liferay Master Mensajes: 658 Fecha de incorporación: 15/06/10 Mensajes recientes
Piña Kanpokaldean:
I had a little question and I hope somebody can clear it out for me.

I know that, through the control panel, custom fields can be added for some entities (such as users or message boards). This is awesome. However, I was wondering if I can do something like that for other entities that don't show up there.

For instance, the shopping portlet includes a shopping order, which has fields for the addresses on itself. If I want to add an extra field to that address, can I somehow do it so all services for shopping orders get updated? Or do I need to completely overwrite the shopping order services to manually retrieve this field from DB?

Thanks for the help in advance

Hello Kanpokaldean,

Yes it can be achieved. You can attached custom fields with several others entities also. But not from the Control Panel, you can do programatically.

See this post. However the exapmple here is based on User entity, you can implement for your entity as well.

HTH.

Thanks and Regards,
Apoorva Prakash
Piña Kanpokaldean, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 79 Fecha de incorporación: 14/04/12 Mensajes recientes
Thanks for that link, this should prove most useful.
thumbnail
Apoorva Prakash, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 658 Fecha de incorporación: 15/06/10 Mensajes recientes
Piña Kanpokaldean:
Thanks for that link, this should prove most useful.

Welcome Kanpokaldean. emoticon