Foros de discusión

Horizontal Categories are Not Good

thumbnail
Matte Black, modificado hace 16 años.

Horizontal Categories are Not Good

Junior Member Mensajes: 79 Fecha de incorporación: 23/10/07 Mensajes recientes
David

1) The vertical categories were far more readable. The horizontal are just too hard to notice, nor can you describe them. They look like tags, and afterthoughts. Good subforums are just other forums,and should have descriptions of what they are about.

They/slash/categories are a total no-no on forum naming. Confusing, hard to read. K.I.S.S

Forums are all around the net, and there are some fairly typical categories. Given that you have not asked the community for ideas, I would strongly suggest something more general and readable like these, initially, before things get populated. After feedback, you can add or modify?

Installation and Setup ( please drop the word 'deployment.' Just excess geek verbiage,)
Plugins and War Files ( is War really necessary? See above)
Liferay Portal
Portlets and Tools
Archived Topics
Community and Off Topic
thumbnail
Matte Black, modificado hace 16 años.

RE: Horizontal Categories are Not Good

Junior Member Mensajes: 79 Fecha de incorporación: 23/10/07 Mensajes recientes
OH, sorry. Now i see what you've done. Only the top page of categories pages uses the horizontal summary view. The liferay forum itself then goes to a vertical list. That's good.

My mistake. It was just a bit disorienting, intially. The previous discussion of the subforum titles still stands. They are too complicated, hard to read at a glance, and just needlessly wordy, imho.
Andy Essex, modificado hace 16 años.

RE: Horizontal Categories are Not Good

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 30/10/07 Mensajes recientes
Matte Black:

They are too complicated, hard to read at a glance, and just needlessly wordy, imho.

Agreed. I've been mostly a reader, not a poster, mostly because I'm still getting oriented, but also ecause these forums had seemed like a half-hearted afair. These subcategories are far better. But yes, the category name are very awkward. The word "deploy" is really unnecessary, and portlet and portlet will be confused immediately. But, it's an easy change. Hope they make it before morning when the posts start to roll.

Thanks Liferay. This is a big improvement and I am sure the community will thank you profusely.