Foros de discusión

Thanks for categories

thumbnail
Roman Hoyenko, modificado hace 16 años.

Thanks for categories

Liferay Master Mensajes: 878 Fecha de incorporación: 8/10/07 Mensajes recientes
That's great!

The only problem - you still allow to post to "Liferay" forum. This is very confusing and I think people will still post there.

Another thing - why move solved problems to one category again? The whole purpose of separating things was to allow to better find the specific problem. If they would all end up in one forum it would defeat the purpose.

Sorry for complaining, just want to make it right emoticon
thumbnail
Matte Black, modificado hace 16 años.

RE: Thanks for categories

Junior Member Mensajes: 79 Fecha de incorporación: 23/10/07 Mensajes recientes
Roman Hoyenko:

The only problem - you still allow to post to "Liferay" forum. This is very confusing and I think people will still post there.

I pointed this out to David in his thread, which he mistakenly posted to the liferay thread. I agree, there should be no posting there.,
thumbnail
Joel Kozikowski, modificado hace 16 años.

Expert Mensajes: 405 Fecha de incorporación: 28/06/06 Mensajes recientes
Matte Black:
Roman Hoyenko:

I pointed this out to David in his thread, which he mistakenly posted to the liferay thread. I agree, there should be no posting there.,

Hey guys - while I think the turning off of the main category should happen "soon", happening NOW is not a great idea. It just happened, and now all of the existing, on-going discussions have been cut off. People have asked some questions, and those questions can now not be answered.

I think we need a little order to this chaos. Ideas like "turn off posting to the main cateogry" can be floated, but there should be a way for some feedback from more than one or two people before the change is actually made.
thumbnail

Joel Kozikowski:
Hey guys - while I think the turning off of the main category should happen "soon", happening NOW is not a great idea. It just happened, and now all of the existing, on-going discussions have been cut off. People have asked some questions, and those questions can now not be answered.

I think we need a little order to this chaos. Ideas like "turn off posting to the main cateogry" can be floated, but there should be a way for some feedback from more than one or two people before the change is actually made.

Yes, I think it was a little abrupt.
May be all the messages could be moved into Archive forum where the postings are allowed.
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, modificado hace 16 años.

Expert Mensajes: 373 Fecha de incorporación: 27/08/04 Mensajes recientes
OK, moved old threads to Liferay - Legacy.

Moving this thread to Discussion Forum Improvements...
thumbnail
Matte Black, modificado hace 16 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 79 Fecha de incorporación: 23/10/07 Mensajes recientes
Back from a trip, and feeling guilty that I whined and ran.
Thanks to David, Brian and liferay for turning off the main thread. But I do agree with Joel that discussing it would have been good. Of course, at that point, there was no discussion category for that.

This is much better, I think some slowdown must be expected after such a transition.

Now, where to discuss the forum portlet itself? This forum is still a bit ambiguously named. "Liferay Discussion Forum Improvements" could easily be confused with the forum portlet, eh? I suggest simply "Discusss this Community Forum".
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, modificado hace 16 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2871 Fecha de incorporación: 31/08/06 Mensajes recientes
Hi Matte,

As you can see it's now renamed as "Liferay's Community" to cover all discussion related to community empowering and growth, including improving how tools such as the forums, wiki and JIRA are being used.
thumbnail

Roman Hoyenko:
That's great!

Another thing - why move solved problems to one category again? The whole purpose of separating things was to allow to better find the specific problem. If they would all end up in one forum it would defeat the purpose.

Sorry for complaining, just want to make it right emoticon

Ok, this is done, very good. I think all the content now in "Liferay" shoud be moved in "Archive", so users are not confused that they can't post. Put dates of archive in the description to complete the transition emoticon

And thanks a lot for everything!
Trollbahrt Wunderlich, modificado hace 16 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 70 Fecha de incorporación: 11/06/07 Mensajes recientes
Hey, hey emoticon

I m some days not online and now the forum is "rebuild". We have categories! Cooool emoticon

Thanx, Thanx!

best
Troll