Foros de discusión

How to track guests who download from Document Library.

Piotr Grabowski, modificado hace 10 años.

How to track guests who download from Document Library.

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 9/05/13 Mensajes recientes
We have a Document Library on our site which allows guest user to download several documents from it.
We can only see how many times given document was downloaded.
What we need is information about "downloaders". We need data from requests (like client IP, useragent etc) and what is most valuable for us - user email and personal data.
Can we configure the Document Library to display a form before the download begins and start download after the user fill-in the Form? We use Web Form component to allow users to contact us - is it possible to plug-in it somehow to the download procedure?
thumbnail
Tejas patel, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: How to track guests who download from Document Library.

Junior Member Mensajes: 71 Fecha de incorporación: 24/01/12 Mensajes recientes

Can we configure the Document Library to display a form before the download begins and start download after the user fill-in the Form?

There is no any configuration in liferay that display form before you start download.

Of course you can do it

We use Web Form component to allow users to contact us - is it possible to plug-in it somehow to the download procedure?

Also you can get the ip address of client as given below

com.liferay.portal.util.PortalUtil.getHttpServletRequest(renderRequest).getRemoteAddr()

The method above will return to you the real HttpServletRequest.

And if you want to find out what header the proxy is setting for the originating client ip address.
Then use

PortalUtil.getOriginalServletRequest(PortalUtil.getHttpServletRequest(renderRequest)).getHeader("my-proxy-header").

Tejas patel:

Can we configure the Document Library to display a form before the download begins and start download after the user fill-in the Form?

There is no any configuration in liferay that display form before you start download.

Of course you can do it

We use Web Form component to allow users to contact us - is it possible to plug-in it somehow to the download procedure?

So I assume that there is no configuration option but changing the code will work (which is obvious ;-) ).
What about the redirect option after "send" in Web Form? I can put there the Doc Library address but it will be visible also without filling the form... Any way to prevent it?
thumbnail
Akash Jaisawal, modificado hace 10 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 141 Fecha de incorporación: 3/03/12 Mensajes recientes
es anyonne found it's solution?

No, actually we display the form on the same page and if the user wish to fill the form we are happy.
thumbnail
Jitendra Rajput, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 875 Fecha de incorporación: 7/01/11 Mensajes recientes
Here is the App available for you Document Download Log Hook.

Document download tracker can used as alternative to any analytic tool. It can be integrated with document library to track document downloads.

To know how to use this below blog entry.

Check who downloaded your document.

Hope this will help you guys.
thumbnail
Neha Goyal, modificado hace 9 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 121 Fecha de incorporación: 14/05/13 Mensajes recientes
Jitendra Rajput:
Here is the App available for you Document Download Log Hook.

Document download tracker can used as alternative to any analytic tool. It can be integrated with document library to track document downloads.

To know how to use this below blog entry.

Check who downloaded your document.

Hope this will help you guys.

Hi Rajput,

I am following your "Document Download Log Hook",its really nice and creating a portlet which will show downloaded as well as viewed document on a page instead of control panel.I need your suggestion on follwing:
1.After redeployment this hook is not working,showing "cache is not alive" exception and need to restart the server.
2.How are you tracking which document is being downloaded and how you are populating data into corresponding dlrecordlog table.Can you give me some idea on this.
3.Can i create a vaadin or MVC portlet by using "Document Download Log Hook" as i did it but getting "cache is not alive" exception.

Any help on these would be a greatful for me.

Thank you.

Regard:
Neha Goyal.
thumbnail

Regular Member Mensajes: 121 Fecha de incorporación: 14/05/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi JItendra,

How are you.
I am using Document Download Log Hook to track download audit for document from Document And Library and it really good.
But while using this hook more and more,i found some strange issue like even though i am not downloading a perticular document (and clicking on link to view) ,hooks is storing this event as document being downloaded and storing in corresponding table(dlrecordlog).
When i looked into this more deeper, i came to know that application is firing an URL containing /document/* and hook is considering as an download event.
Also this is happening only for the first time only and firing two request.So first time even you are viwing the document,it is considered as two downloads for the first time.Really strange.

I think there is somethink we need to do to fix this.
Also i request you to give some suggestion on this.

Thank you.

Best Regards:
Neha Goyal.
thumbnail

Thank you neha for pointing out this issue . Could you please provide which version of Liferay you are using ? Any exception in server logs ?
thumbnail

Jitendra Rajput:
Thank you neha for pointing out this issue . Could you please provide which version of Liferay you are using ? Any exception in server logs ?

Hey Jitendra,
Thanks for the reply.
Actually i am using liferay 6.1.2 CE version.And for info i am not getting any error or exception.
Hook is working fine there is no issue but getting some other additional download records for resource which has been just viewed.

When i dig into deeper i found that while loading a resource to view,internally url like /document/* is being generated to which hook is cosidering as download and populating the table.

Correct if i am wrong.

Thank you.
thumbnail

Hi Neha,

How you are viewing the document ? As per my understanding viewing document is nothing but then downloading from server.
Could you please provide exact steps to reproduce this issue ? If possible please post sample download and view URL for document.

Thank you
thumbnail

Hi Jitendra,

May be following step will help you.
1. Goto Document and Library portlet.
2.Goto any of the folder (if any).
3.Click on any document (if any). ---> This steps is means for view the document only as per my understanding.If u want to download,there is button and link to download.But Document Download Log Hook is considering it as download (while clicking on document link only and inserting multiple time at least two per click on document link into db tb-table).

Correct if i could not explain completely or wrong somewhere.

Regards:
Neha Goyal
thumbnail

First of all this app is not supported with 6.1.2 CE version right now. This issue might be specific to Liferay version you are working on. I will check and i will provide support for this version.
thumbnail

Jitendra Rajput:
First of all this app is not supported with 6.1.2 CE version right now. This issue might be specific to Liferay version you are working on. I will check and i will provide support for this version.

That would be greatful for me.

Thank you Jitendra.
thumbnail
Meera Prince, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1111 Fecha de incorporación: 8/02/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi
follow the concept it may help you..
http://www.liferaysavvy.com/2014/05/liferay-model-listeners.html

Regards,
Meera Prince