Foros de discusión

How to manage user's private site by site admin

Sarah Tsang, modificado hace 10 años.

How to manage user's private site by site admin

New Member Mensajes: 16 Fecha de incorporación: 8/05/13 Mensajes recientes
We would like to provide limited feature to end user, just allowing them to relocate the existing portlet in the layout, saved preference in user level.
For deleting and adding portlet is owned by site admin.

Based on portal architecture, user's personal site is controlled by user, except to creating user group to inherit page. However, we allow user to relocate the portlet, if inherit user group page, its portlet cannot be adjusted by user.

Anyone have idea how to setup it?

Thanks.
Oliver Bayer, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: How to manage user's private site by site admin

Liferay Master Mensajes: 894 Fecha de incorporación: 18/02/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Sarah,

I'm sure there are several possible solutions on how to achieve this requirement but I would try it with a custom theme. There you can override the portlet.vm file and put a condition around "$theme.iconClose()" to hide the close icon if the user isn't allowed to remove the portlet.

HTH Oli

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your idea.
If the theme can remove the close icon, then it can fulfill the user not allow to remove portlet.

In user usage, I expected the home page is user's private site. This action I can read other posts which is needed to create custom class to change redirect path based on user's ID after login.

However, how can we manage(add/remove) portlet into user's private site by site admin? using permission in role?
Also, if some portlets are displayed in specific group user, then we also setup it by role permission in site level?

Hi Oliver,

I have tried to move "$theme.iconClose()" in portlet.vm. The layout is not showed out the close icon. Thanks a lot.

Do you know how to set condition only site admin user would be showed this icon?
Thanks.
Oliver Bayer, modificado hace 10 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 894 Fecha de incorporación: 18/02/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Sarah,

yes, if you need to redirect the users based on their login or their group membership you have to create a custom class for it.

For your question regarding the management of user private pages maybe you can use the import of group pages. For each user group you can set up public and/ or private group pages, create a page structure, add portlets to specific sites. Newly added users will get this page structure imported. Maybe you have to customize come code to get the sync process of group pages and user pages to fit your requirements. Other than that I think that if I remember right only the omni admin can directly access user private pages (besides the user of course).

You can use the following snippet to check if a user is the so-called omni-admin or a community admin:
#if ($permissionChecker.isOmniadmin() || $permissionChecker.isCommunityAdmin($layout.getGroup().getGroupId()))
#end

I've used this code in Liferay v5.2.3 so you should check if the methods and their parameters are the same for Liferay v6 but at least it should be similar.

Greets Oli

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your solution.
User group overrride page feature is easy to manage which page can visit by group of user. However, it cannot edit by user so that user cannot relocate the portlet based on preference.

In these few days, I found that Liferay 6 has Page Customization function which may fulfill the requirement. When site admin setup the porlets in page, and enable the page customization function to set which column can edit by end user, then the perference is saved in user level.
Then, we no need to enable public and private site of user and handle the default landing page to redirect to priviate site.
One thing I have concern about page customization, once site admin is be careless to disable the some columns of page layout which is currently enabled to end user to edit, the user customization page is disappeared then displays the default page again.

Any comments for this idea?
Thanks.

Sarah
Traolly Xiong, modificado hace 9 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 195 Fecha de incorporación: 30/12/11 Mensajes recientes
Permission Checker seems to only check for "Regular Roles". Any ideas on how to check for "Site Roles"?

Thanks.