Foros de discusión

Unable to start up portal after initial installation

Peter Key, modificado hace 10 años.

Unable to start up portal after initial installation

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 7/06/13 Mensajes recientes
I downloaded and installed Liferay 6.1 / Tomcat bundle and followed installation instructions using startup.bat on Windows 7 machine. All worked fine and portal came up at end of installation process. However, after I shut down and then try to access portal at localhost:8080 I get message from browser "This page cannot be displayed".
Eventually I tried to reinstall, which worked as above. I noticed that if the command window that is preent as result of the installation remains open, I can log out and re-enter browser and portal will start up. But if the command window is closed, portal will not open.
Can somebody please suggest what the problem is? The installation seems straightforward enough.....
I am a newbie, so will need some simple guidance here emoticon
thumbnail
Kenneth Chang, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: Unable to start up portal after initial installation

Junior Member Mensajes: 25 Fecha de incorporación: 9/05/11 Mensajes recientes
Running startup.bat is not running an installer, it is running the portal. You need the command window open because it is running Tomcat.
Peter Key, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 7/06/13 Mensajes recientes
Kenneth,
Thanks for the prompt response. The answer is, of course, obvious in retrospect! The idea that Tomcat is running in the background continuously means that in my current scenario, where I am reviewing Liferay (and Social Office) locally on my laptop means I need to start it up each time I guess.
thumbnail
Kenneth Chang, modificado hace 10 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 25 Fecha de incorporación: 9/05/11 Mensajes recientes
no problem!
Prashant Sawale, modificado hace 9 años.

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 13/11/14 Mensajes recientes
I my case it works fine but once i shutdown and try startup.bat it gives me blank screen on localhost:8080.. i also a newbie pls help..!emoticon
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
There's a logfile in tomcat/logs/catalina.out - see if you can identify any problem there.