Foros de discusión

[RESOLVED] Layout Permissions

Dana Oredson, modificado hace 15 años.

[RESOLVED] Layout Permissions

Junior Member Mensajes: 70 Fecha de incorporación: 14/10/08 Mensajes recientes
I have been unable to get Liferay to honor Layout Permissions, such that only Users with a certain Role/Permission is able to see a Layout.

According to this lifecast, it should be doable:
http://docs.liferay.com/portal/5.1/videos/106/Hidden%20Admin%20Page%20Final%202.html

However, I haven't been able to make this work for 5.1.1 or 5.2.x.

Has anyone been able to make this work, and did you have to have a certain property set or anything?

TIA
thumbnail
Jeffrey Handa, modificado hace 15 años.

RE: Layout Permissions

Liferay Master Mensajes: 541 Fecha de incorporación: 1/12/08 Mensajes recientes
This feature works as described in the Lifecast for 5.1.1 and 5.1.2. In 5.2.x, some of the screens look different, but the same functionality is available.

With a special setting, or something?

Because creating a page w/ Manage Pages, selecting Permissions and ensuring Guest does not have VIEW does absolutely NOTHING for me. Currently trying this 5.2.2

Jeffrey Handa:
This feature works as described in the Lifecast for 5.1.1 and 5.1.2. In 5.2.x, some of the screens look different, but the same functionality is available.

Jeffrey Handa:

I should also note that I have staging enabled.

RE: Layout Permissions (Resolved!!!!!!!!)

Dana Oredson:
Jeffrey Handa:

I should also note that I have staging enabled.

OMG, I finally figured it out.

For my communities, I have staging enabled, as designed. However, I never noticed the Options tab when publishing pages to live via the Communities portlet. Having never opened the Options tab, I also never checked the option to publish the permissions, so the permissions were being set correctly, but never being published to Live.

Life is good again.

RE: Layout Permissions (Resolved!!!!!!!!)

Trying the same in 5.1.1, though, still does not work (staging active, publish to live w/permission checkbox checked). Possibly related to having upgraded from 4.3.x to 5.0.1 to 5.1.1?